Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Disheartening news
I certainly was not prepared for the results of the amniocentesis! The lowest for lung maturity is 55, and this baby is only at 16. The fluid is currently being shipped to a lab where it will be tested with more precise equipment. For now, we are awaiting instructions from the doctors. I will admit that this is the biggest blow to me. I feel about as blah as I ever have in years! With one child who suffers with breathing problems, I hate for another to have similar struggles. Please pray for the little one as each day is an added bonus to its lung development.
I am curious as to how quickly the number gets higher. . . So far, I have found no info. Do any of you that have undergone this test have any idea?
My Mom and youngest sister are arriving tonight and will be here for several weeks. I am sad to see Joanna leave, but it will also be a blessing to spend time with my Mother. I can assure you, she will walk around with a gentle whip and not let me do a thing!
On a brighter note, I wanted to brag on our church family. . .They have been so kind and thoughtful during this ordeal. Eight different ladies have sent or delivered food, which we in turn enjoyed fourteen meals from the bounty! I have been called, phoned and emailed many times to let me know people are praying and thinking of me. All my good blog friends are just as uplifting! Thanks for sticking with me; your comments are encouraging and a bright spot in these long days.
Due to my bed rest, the baby shower was cancelled. The ladies have been bringing gifts to church, and Troy totes them home. It is always very exciting to get these! :-) Here we are last Sunday and pardon the poor quality photo - the camera was on the wrong setting. The boys were so happy since I let them open a few. It made the evening very exciting!


  posted at 2:39 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All my love and prayers to you and your family, Martha. I'm going to ask for special prayer for you tonight at church.

::hugs::

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I catch myself looking at your blog several times a day now (sometimes just in Google Reader, and not actually on your site) just to see if there's any new news with you and the baby. We are really praying for your whole family, and wish we could be there to help with the fixing of meals, etc. Love and prayers!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Martha, Janelle told me the results of your test at church this evening and I felt so bad for you. I'm sure that was a bit of a let down...the church prayed for you tonight so maybe that will be an encouragement. I hope those numbers climb quickly!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger The Going Blog said...

Martha, you have done all that you can for this baby and when you have done all then you must wait and see that the Lord is good. He cares for the little sparrows so we know he cares about that little one of yours. Rest in the thought!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

So sorry to hear this, Martha. We'll be praying for you and the baby. I have no idea how quickly the number can climb, but I hope they do for you soon!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Still praying that all will be well with Mommy and Baby.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Poor Martha! That's scary news for a Mommy, but we serve a great big God. We're all praying.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

We're praying for you and baby! I hope all is well! Sorry for the scare of those numbers, but I'm trusting God to keep you and baby safe!!


My baby and I Enjoyed catching up on your blog. We've been too nauseated to be blog hopping to much here recently. =D

Love, Heather =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    State of the Union ~ 2
    Strange combos
    Waiting for the police. . .
    My right hand boy(s)
    Greg's bed rest advice -
    They say I am "all baby,"
    now THAT'S a neighbor's husband!
    now THAT'S a neighbor!
    Why would I do that?!
    For Blake & Christopher

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site