Monday, October 08, 2007
Why would I do that?!
I know better than to leave home without my camera! I even had this "naggy" feeling to bring it with me, but I didn't. On Saturday, I was taking the kids to Home Depot's Kids' Workshop and thought I really did not need the extra camera weight in my purse. . . After all I have enough extra weight to lug around right now! :-)
It wasn't just the craft day, but a once a year event they host! There were policemen, firemen, EMT's, etc. We were able to tour a helicopter and fire engine, and we even got to see the chopper fly into the sky. (Fascinating to little boys.) They were handing out free popcorn, hot dogs and drinks. You know, a day just made for scrapbooking pictures! But, no, I left the camera at home. Speaking of hot dogs. . .I (sniff) did not get mine. As soon as we were ready to sit down, Seth accidentally dropped his, and my mommy's heart felt so badly for him, I gladly gave mine for the cause. Pretty big sacrifice for a pregnant woman! Ha! Poor guy. He didn't want me to be without one, and it took some convincing for me to get him to eat it. He has such a giving heart.
Here is the finished project the boys made - a fire engine crayon holder.
When I arrived home, my little three year old neighbor girl had "fowers" (dandelions) waiting on my porch rocker. She is such a sweetie! Here little brother then walked up and handed me a wet leaf. :-) Too cute!
Oh, yes, can't forget to mention. . .the cashier at Home Depot wanted to know if I am having twins! I think I will start hauling around ultrasound pictures to prove that theory false.

  posted at 3:26 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How sweet that Seth didn't want you to go hungry! That was so thoughtful of him. Sounds like they had a fun day. Were your ears burning yesterday? We had dinner at the Manley's and your name came up. Janelle told me she had talked to you. She said that you had called to tease her a little. :~)

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Jana said...

What a very neat craft~esp. for little boys!! Wish we lived closer to a Home Depot.

Thanks for your orga. tips. Very interesting!!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of funny cause I had my twins first and was sooo little now that I see pictures(you know the stomach muscles where still relatively tight). I was bigger with my single births than with the twins. I gained almost twice the weight with my last one as I did with Jordan and Janae--
thank the Lord it was my last one!ha!

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Angie D said...

I've been forgetting the camera a lot lately! Makes me annoyed. And I think Julie Waggoner should have at least one more...

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger The Grahams said...

We made crayon-holder fire engines on Saturday too! (no pictures or special events, though.)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger LaDonna said...

I HATE it when that happens...that is one reason I bought a tiny little camera that wasn't so heavy to lug around. And there are times I STILL forget to take it!!! Anyway, you gotta love Home Depot with boys! :)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Les said...

How sweet! Seth already knows not to mess with a pregnant woman's food! He's being trained well. Just tell the next person who asks you if you're having twins that you are trying to beat the world's record for the largest single birth!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger tacomom said...

Speaking of large single birth records...my friend knows someone who just had an 11 something pound baby that was 24" long!! Natural and at home!!! I always say it doesn't matter how big the baby is just as long as they have a small head. BUT I can't imagine carrying that child.

As for Home Depot...ugh! I keep forgetting their workshops on the first Saturday. Gonna have to put it on my calendar right now.

About the camera, I HATE when I leave mine at home :(

And on the flowers from the neighbor kids, you are so much kinder than I. I lay them on the bar but don't mess with water :) LOL!

Sorry for the novel.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Someone just asked me the twin question last night! Aaaugh!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Travis, Donna, Alyssa, Marissa, Trae said...

Awwwwww how cute!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    For Blake & Christopher
    16 stops
    Ethanangelo
    To bumper or not to bumper?
    The State of the Union
    Caught - again!
    MIRLing in the Fall
    She caught me!
    Wouldn't have believed you ~
    Did you really ask that?!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site