*HACKED BLOG ALERT*
Let's be abundantly clear; this is NOT a post about Martha's "Wife for Life" turning 32.
This IS, however, a post about Martha's husband's "Wife for Life" turning 32, which happens today, January 29, 2009.
So, in the spirit of the previous two posts, Martha's husband lovingly rolls out --
32 things I love about my "Wife for Life" (with bonus item #33 thrown in because I realized I had misnumbered the list I gave her):
1. She is a Godly, "Proverbs 31" woman
2. She is a hard worker, setting a good example for our boys
3. She keeps a clean, clutter-free house
4. She always makes sure her family has clean clothes to wear
5. She is not afraid to get out of her comfort zone to meet the needs/desires of her family
7. People enjoy talking to her and being around her
8. She has a heart for ministry & service to God and others
9. Her beautiful smile!
10. She has her priorities in order
11. She's a great piano player and makes it easy for people (mostly me) to sing well
13. She is a good cook -- makes delicious meals
14. She keeps the cars clean (yeah, really guys)
15. She has a great sense of style
16. She's a classy "dresser" (meaning she dresses classily, not that she's a classy-looking piece of bedroom furniture)
17. Being a first-class wife and mother IS her calling AND career -- she believes that the "sound doctrine" Paul gives in Titus 2:4, 5 is truly that and not just a quaint, archaic suggestion! (Stepping down off of soapbox now)
18. Pretty woman!
19. Homeschooling is part of her "calling" and "career" -- and she takes it dead seriously
20. She's incredibly intelligent (why she married me, of course!) :-)
21. Her relationship with God is the most important thing in her life
22. Her relationship with her family springs from and is directly related to #21 (did I mention she has her priorities in order?)
24. She bends over backwards to keep me happy
25. She is not afraid to speak out against wrong and injustice
26. She is compassionate
27. She is more objective than many people -- a very important quality to me
29. She's both rocksolid and flexible as Gumby -- depending on what the situation needs
30. She is very creative
31. She is disciplined without being obsessed
33. (Bonus item) She epitomizes everything a good, Godly wife and mother should be -- and I love her for it!
Happy 32nd birthday to the most wonderful woman in the world. I love you, Martha!
From "Your Wonderful Hub"
There's another birthday boy in our house this morning, and he was very excited
to be greeted with French toast, a new Betta, and a half of a cup of coffee
. With the way he would love to guzzle that stuff, you'd think he was Angie's son!
I could list many reasons why Seth is great, but I will settle with the number of his age:
1. He is very protective of his brothers and tries to make sure no harm comes to them.
2. Seth is a smart boy, so you can have a nice conversation with him.
3. Smart money moves = Seth. He is careful to save and weigh the options of how to spend what he has.
4. He has a tender heart. Whether it is in the area of compassion to others or in relation to God, it is refreshing to see.
5. He is willing to try all sorts of food. (Ethan and I are picky, so it's nice to have a kid who is not! :-)
6. He is cautious and does not give me mild heart attacks as someone else does. I never have to worry about Seth trying to do something crazy that will endanger his life and those around him.
7. Seth is very responsible.
8. Board games are a favorite of his, and it's so fun now that he is getting old enough to play many of them.
9. The boy loves to share and will always save a little part of his favorite things to give to others - mainly his Dad.
(Photo taken by Brenda Herring.)
Happy birthday, Seth. We love you!
Sigh. . . it has been a rough day for me to try to be in a celebratory mood, but that did not stop the birthday from coming. If this post doesn't make sense, I apologize. My mind has been a bit numb lately. I had already decided that I would do something special for each birthday as it came into history this year. It is the Wild Child's day, and you will find listed some of my favorite things about him - one for each year of his life:
Ethan has a contagious laugh, is very goofy, and gets tickled at everything.
2. He doesn't know a stranger and is friendly to everyone. (Can't imagine where he gets that.)
3. We have discovered that the boy likes to write special notes to his family and friends.
4. Ethan = bookworm.
5. He is very creative and has an amazing mind. You should see the structures he builds with Lincoln Logs, Playmobil, LEGOS, or Playdoh.
6. My Wild Child is very good about hugging people or saying "thank you." He even hugged the plumber once and told him to visit us again. I kindly let the man know I hoped to never see him again in his plumber attire. :-)
I love you, Ethan. Happy birthday!
Last night was a tragic day for friends and family as Patricia, Caroline, and Anthony finished their tours of this planet. . . My mind is still having a difficult time grappling with the news of the car accident. My mind is also dwelling on the fact that just three weeks ago yesterday
, they all had their feet under my dining room table! Patricia and I laughed about finding Caroline in Seth's bed - under the covers - reading a book. We decided we might tease her about it when she was fifteen. Caroline was one of those sweet little girls that you couldn't help but love! She also had a sweet little voice, and I had even taken music to church on Wednesday so Seth and Caroline could start working on a duet. I just recently discovered that Anthony could make as much noise as Ethan; he just took two years to warm up to me! And Patricia. . .Troy and I had just chatted about how nice it is to see a woman who has her priorities in the right place. I am so glad I took the time to give her a few compliments on our last Sunday together!
pErspECtive is everything! Philippians 1:21
So, take a little time to hug your family and give a nice word to your friends as you never know when will be the last time their feet are under your dining room table!