Tuesday, October 30, 2007
State of the Union ~ 2
The bed rest has not been as miserable as I thought it would be. The first few days were hard since I am not used to sitting and sitting and sitting. . . I have played lots of games which has thrilled my kids.
This photo was taken by a four year old, so it is not the best quality. :-)
I have spent some of my "bed rest" relaxing in the sun while planning homeschool lessons.
I have had a wonderful helper in my younger sister. She has even been kind enough to do everything the way I like it. What am I going to do when she leaves?! I am very grateful to have a mother and sisters who are willing to drop everything to help me!
Here is another shot for all of you that love these photos. I currently weigh my heaviest - 161 and have a 44 inch waist. I am longing for the days when I can wear a size 8 again!
You had no clue that GBS had a line of maternity clothing, did you?! :-)

Now the rest of the story (and trying to do the short version of it). . .
We have run into a few complications, and things are progressing much faster than planned. An amniocentesis was done today, and we should get the results early tomorrow morning. If the lungs look fine, a C-section will follow Wednesday or Thursday. There is a slight possibility that I will have to undergo a hysterectomy along with the C-section, so the doctors are taking extra precautions. The baby has been on several monitors and so far is excelling. We do know it is already 7 lbs and 5 oz. and has hair!! Today I was told that with the extra procedures that will be taking place, I will be put "completely under" for the surgery. I am so glad I did not find out what the baby is, so I have a HUGE surprise awaiting my "coming back to earth!" Please keep me in your prayers. I am trying not to dwell on all the "what could happens." I can assure you that with all the complications, this baby's heartbeat has come to be one of the most precious sounds to me, and when I finally get it in my arms. . .I might cry for a few hours!
We will be posting pictures and stats soon. Any guesses as to the baby? :-) I have tended to think it is a girl, but that is because the pregnancy has been so different. Can't wait to find out!

  posted at 9:13 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Les said...

Praying for you and can't wait to meet my new cousin. I'm holding out for you to have the girl, but I'll love a boy just as much! I love you!

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers. We will be awaiting the updates.
I had to have an emergency c-section with Jillian. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. My dreams of going through a second completely natural birth went out the window when they found out she was breech.
Enjoy your rest. I hope it's a girl! I think you still look great BTW.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, it's pretty amazing to think that by the end of this week your baby will be here. I'm sure you are ready! You definetly will be in my thoughts and prayers every single day. I would love to hear that it's a girl but I'm sure another boy would be fun too. I can't wait to hear the news!! And I agree with Tamra - you still look good!

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Martha, we are praying for you. I really wish we could still be there to help. It is wonderful that your Mom and Sister will be there. I am pulling for a girl... Seth and Ethan will be such loving big brothers! It's great that you have maintained an upbeat attitude... it's the best thing for you I am sure (or, well close anyway!). God will take care of you.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Janella Thompson said...

I keep check here hoping a new babys picture will pop up. I am hopeing for a girl. I can just imagine that Seth will be the overprotective older brother. You look really great and I will be praying for you tomorrow and Thursday. God bless you and this new little one as it enters into this world.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Jody J said...

Praying for you. Hope everything goes well.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger The Going Blog said...

I might just have to have my in-laws call and let me know what the baby is since you won't be posting until you get back home :) Curosity gets the best of me. My favorite pic of you was the GBS maternity line. Since you are all baby it won't be long till you see those size 8's again. Praying everything goes smoothly for you and your family!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Now I am depressed. Only 161 pounds and about to deliver a baby?!?! Not that I want to be PG right now, I just wish I had a good excuse for my ____ pounds! I can't wait to hear the news. I always love it when people don't know and or at least don't tell what they are having. It's much more exciting! My prayers are with you!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Angie D said...

We're all praying, Martha! (As we wait by the computer with bated breath...) Boy or girl--we can't wait to meet the little Castle. Make Troy promise to keep us posted. :)

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Patty said...

Praying that everything goes ok. I am voting for a girl.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Jana said...

Anxiously awaiting the news-flash!!! :-)

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're still praying...and anxiously waiting to hear that everyone is ok!

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,

I'm glad Joanna is there to help you! Congratulations on a new little one. Tell your sister I said hello.

Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Strange combos
    Waiting for the police. . .
    My right hand boy(s)
    Greg's bed rest advice -
    They say I am "all baby,"
    now THAT'S a neighbor's husband!
    now THAT'S a neighbor!
    Why would I do that?!
    For Blake & Christopher
    16 stops

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site