Monday, October 15, 2007
They say I am "all baby,"
but the problem is that "all" of it is in the wrong place! Okay, maybe not on the outside, but it certainly is on the inside.
A quick rundown of events and prayer request is that I was discovered to have Placenta Previa. (In "layman's" terms - the placenta is not in the right spot.) Due to dangers, I have to have another C-section which was supposed to happen the week of Thanksgiving.
Apparently, other things are not cooperating. . .On Saturday I ended up spending hours in the hospital while they monitored the baby and gave me a shot to stop contractions. Baby's stats were fine the entire time, but the contractions/cramping started up after I arrived home again.
After visiting my doctor's office today, this is the "plan of action:"
1. Due to lung development, our first goal is to try to keep the baby tucked away until at least 36 weeks. (They gave me some meds to stop the contractions.)
2. I am on bed rest until the baby is born. (My sister is arriving tonight. Thank the Lord!!!)
3. On October 24th they will do some test (Forgot the name.) that involves a needle that looks as long as one of my legs to test the amniotic fluid and see if the baby's lungs are developed enough for birth.
4. I will see my doctor the morning of October 26th, and if the lungs look good, a C-section will probably be that next week. They want to take the baby ASAP when lungs are fine since my body is already trying to speed things up. Apparently there are major complications involved if the placenta breaks loose. I am constantly being stressed not to take any chances because it could result in me ending up with blood transfusions, brain damage to the baby, or if not treated quickly enough - my death. So, for those of you that know I push every limit, I am being a good girl this time. :-) For all of my wanting to live 100 years ago, I have come to realize that I would have been one of those women that died in childbirth!
~I received a little treat today when my friend, Sherri Stetler, surprised us with a visit and supper! It was such a blessing, and the meal tasted wonderful. Thank you, Lord, for good friends. We live so far away from church that I never expected anyone to traipse up here!

I will keep everyone "posted" as events take place, and you never know when Troy might be putting an announcement on here!


  posted at 6:45 PM  
  22 comments



22 Comments:
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Patty said...

You will definatly be in our prayers. Glad your sister can be there to help. Hope the days go by quickly for you. Enjoy the bedrest~you will have little of it after the baby arrives:-)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Martha, be a good girl. I'll be praying for a healthy munchkin AND mommy.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Oh, Martha, I'll be praying!! At my last ultrasound, they let me know that the placenta is low for this baby also. Not enough to be called "previa", but enough for concern and another ultra sound at 36 weeks to see if I will be able to deliver naturally.

Take care of yourself, I know that is hard w/ other little ones. Keep us posted!! :-)

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,
Is there anything I can do? Homemade bread? Sunday dinner? Help with Seth and Ethan {my Sun. School sweetheart}? We definitely want this baby to arrive safe and sound. Especially since this is "our church" baby.
We love you and are praying for you!
"Ms" Gail

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Leanna Pitcher said...

My heart goes out to you. I hope all goes well and that this wonderful gift of life arrives in God's perfect timing and is healthy.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Martha, I've been thinking about you alot lately. I wish I lived closer and could help you out! I'm so glad your sister will be there for a couple of weeks. Janelle told me Sunday about your weekend and you've been on my mind since. I'll be praying for the safety of the baby and his/her mommy!!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Peggy B. said...

Hi Martha: Many, many moons ago we went to Pilgrim Church in Noblesville together. I remember when you were expecting your 1st. I enjoy keeping up with your family with the blog. Just enjoy the rest. Get lots of it, this way you can rest and don't have to feel guilty......hope all goes well.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger LaDonna said...

That name of the test is amniocentisis!!! Been there, done that, and you're right, the needle is VERY long! My oldest one was born 6 weeks early because of toxemia and I had to have that test done. I'm praying for you, please do the bed rest and be a good girl! Glad your sister will be there to help out. Keep us posted.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger sankey family said...

Take it easy, girl - take care of yourself and that precious little one!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let your sister take care of you and the boys! Now is the time to relax! Be praying for you and the little one!

Marsha

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Lavy Country said...

Yes, I as well have been there done that with the trying to have a baby too soon and the amniocentesis. It wasn't as bad as I thought and it showed the lungs were developed and I never wanted to hug a Dr. so bad. I will be praying for you and as everyone has already said - be good! Trust in God and relax!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Hoping everything turns out well, so glad you have help! Tell you sister I said hi!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Greg & Stephanie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Goodness! We'll be praying for you and baby!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Greg & Stephanie said...

Wow! Things can get interesting real quickly, can't they?! I'll be praying for you. If you have another C, just remember I'll not be far behind...and we'll both be able to moan with every movement for the next couple of weeks while the "tummy slice" heals.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger tacomom said...

My niece is having complications with her pregnancy too. Prayers going out for you gals. And hope everything turns out just great! Let others help you as you can. Think of it as being best for baby.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Vicki Clifton said...

We will try to remember you in your prayers. I KNOW how it is to have a pregnacy go wrong and start contractions at 24 weeks!!! It's been twelve years...Darrell's almost 13 wow. I do wonder what they would have diagnosed all my problems as...just a few years make a difference in medicine. Back then it was...I don't know...we've done all the test we can do....he's a miracle and it was a miracle! We'll pray. Take it easy!
Vicki

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Janette said...

Praying for you and the baby. Glad that you have your sister and Mom to help you out. Take care of yourself & the baby! I'm anxious to see my new neice or nephew!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Please take it easy. I will pray for you and your little one! I also am on bed rest... high BP again! It isn't easy to stay in bed and watch others around you work, but you have to be safe! Stay encouraged! We love you guys!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Oh Martha, I'm praying for you! I know that it is NOT easy being on strict bed rest, but I'm proud of you for doing what the doctor says. We want a safe you and a safe baby!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. This nausea too will pass, I just hope it passes SOONER than LATER. =)

Love, Heather =)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So glad your sister can come help you out! I know you'll be a good girl for that baby! Praying here....

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Thank you for all of the sweet comments. It is comforting to know so many are praying and caring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    now THAT'S a neighbor's husband!
    now THAT'S a neighbor!
    Why would I do that?!
    For Blake & Christopher
    16 stops
    Ethanangelo
    To bumper or not to bumper?
    The State of the Union
    Caught - again!
    MIRLing in the Fall

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site