Thursday, October 25, 2007
Waiting for the police. . .
Yes, you read the title correctly. With our "record," I will not be surprised if they show up at any moment - thanks to dear Ethan!
It so happens that while I was in bed this morning (Seems acceptable to me since I am supposed to be there.), Seth had been hit with some type of Mark Twain like inspiration, for he was reading me the first two chapters of his book about "Ed and Fred." While I was enjoying the work of his pen, Ethan took it upon himself to open the front door to some strange woman who wanted to know where his parents "are." His "Daddy is gone, and Mommy is in bed." Seth walked out in time to hear her tell him to "shut the front door and lock it." Seth had never seen the woman which makes the matter more puzzling. I am very thankful it was not a "bad guy" since he would have been given free access to our place! Now, I am waiting to see if we get another knock at the door to check on the well being of our children. (We are such horrible parents, you know! :-)
Meanwhile I am going to get dressed and have a conference with a certain young man!
Hmmm - now where did I put my most pregnant looking outfit that will draw sympathy from an officer. . .
DISCLAIMER - After conversing with "The Culprit," I came to realize that the boys did come to my room to let me know someone was at the door. With the rate of speed at which I now move, I told them to ignore it. If it were a friend or neighbor, they would have first called. One son chose to obey, and the other, well. . .you know the story!
DISCLAIMER #2 - For those of you who are relatively new to my blog - Last year around this time, Troy and the boys were wrestling, and someone called the police because they "heard kids screaming." They obviously did not stick around to realize it was actually squeals and laughter! You can imagine our shock when officers were knocking around eleven at night! That is the incident to which I was referring in this post.

  posted at 10:21 AM  
  14 comments



14 Comments:
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh no! That's a little frightening! Hope nothing else transpires!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be scary wondering who was at the door.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Okay... now that is really scary! Maybe she was a saleswoman, or something... glad she wasn't a weird child snatcher! Amazing how people show up at the wrong moments! We've had scary moments, too, where I was horribly afraid that children services were going to arrive. One of my children used to scream everytime I washed her hair, cleaned her ears, and still screams (blood-curdling) when I cut her toenails... I have been so afraid that the neighbors would think I was killing her or something, and call 911. Once I had a little 3 year old boy I didn't know show up at my house, I had to walk down my street knocking on doors to find his home... NOW THAT could be reason enough to call 911! When I finally found his home, I don't think they even knew he was missing! I think actually this child did this alot, from what I was hearing from neighbors! Scary!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

What's up with the picture of the red door? Now you just need to find a picture of that same door on a yellow house to make me happy! haha. lol! The lady probably assumed you're sleeping off your hang over from the previous night. How funny!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Eek! That's scary. Shall I mail you the last of my ugly maternity clothes?

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Mom C said...

Where was Joanna at the time?

 
At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a brave little soldier. a man after my own heart. he should be applauded for his unwavering bravery. if you dare to knock on his door he will not be deprived from knowing who you are and what you want.reminds me of a certain girl cousin of his who says if anybody ever makes the mistake of grabbing her "they will be real sorry"

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Oh my, be sure and let us know if you find out who it was! Best of Luck!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Julie Waggoner said...

Did I ever tell you about the time Jaida was on the porch roof from Janae's bedroom window?? I didn't know she was there and she had just come back in when I heard a knock at my door...it was the police---an elderly neighbor lady was worried and called the police! Talk about embarrassing! The same lady knocked on my door one day to inform me Jaida was sitting on our front lawn naked!!!(doesn't it sound like I'm such an attentive Mom?--I do have a big house and sometimes it was hard to keep track of them)
Julie

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Nancy, I thought of you when I chose the red door picture. :-)

As for Joanna, she had been up late and was still catching a few ZZZ's. I have been workin' that girl!!! Hee. Hee.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

"Grinch," I can just imagine my niece saying that! :-)

Julie, Those stories are hilarious!!!!! They have got to be some of the best in that category!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

I really must drive by Julie's house more often, since I don't have a TV... :)

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger The Grahams said...

Just so you know, I repeat the Troy-wrestling-with-the-boys story at least weekly to illustrate the misunderstanding when making reports to Child Protective Services.

Andrew

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Martha Glick said...

Have any of you ever thought, "I wonder why the neighbors don't first call me, before calling 911?" Talking about not feeling like your a good Mom---We've had the child services called out for us, the police about 4 times and the Humane Society once. I must say, "We enjoy laughing and telling others about some of those incidents. So take heart 'young mothers' you may enjoy some more excitement in your life time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    My right hand boy(s)
    Greg's bed rest advice -
    They say I am "all baby,"
    now THAT'S a neighbor's husband!
    now THAT'S a neighbor!
    Why would I do that?!
    For Blake & Christopher
    16 stops
    Ethanangelo
    To bumper or not to bumper?

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site