Tuesday, October 23, 2007
My right hand boy(s)
As miserable as nausea tends to be, I must admit that one really good thing has come of it - I found out what good little workers reside in this home. Since they could walk, the boys have always cleaned up their own toys, but I decided it was time to branch out a little. Seth has become such a help to me that I wanted to take a few moments to "brag" on him. I am sure you other mothers will let me indulge! :-)
He has been tremendous in entertaining his younger brother with hours of reading, playing and games. He takes his role seriously and tries to be a good example.
He is becoming quite a help in the kitchen! In fact, he is such a boost that many times I do not want to make a meal without him. Between meal prep, dishwasher unloading and table setting, he is a must have.
With all the pregnancy issues I have had, mowing was not an option of late. The only problem is that with Troy's long hours. . .well, I was getting embarrassed of the yard. Seth was very willing to be taught the job, and we now have a great seven year old lawn boy!
Another BIG project he helped me to do was sand the entire crib and changing table. He certainly saved my arms some wear and tear.
Oh, and a few other things he is quite good at is vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning the glass tables and doors, running little errands, pumping gas, helping with the beds, doing laundry, straightening the house, cleaning his room. . .
And, no, I won't trade him. :-) I do think some woman will thank me someday. . .

And not to be left out, Ethan has been just as helpful in his own way. He cleans his room, empties the little trash cans, helps make his bed, is learning to vacuum, folds and puts away some of the laundry, helps to clear the table after meals. . .He is my other trooper!

They have taken their new jobs so seriously, that they love to surprise me. I have drug myself out of bed a few times to find they were already vacuuming and scrubbing. It was very sweet.

Thank you, Boys, for all of your help. I love you very much.


  posted at 1:13 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Awww, that is so sweet, and yes, I'm sure your future daughter-in-law will bless you for it!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Oh my goodness, I'm jealous! Connor's gifts all lie in other areas just yet, but we're working on some of those very things around here.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Les said...

They are amazing boys, but then again, they are related to me! I've always been in awe of Seth and the things he does. I do not trust my children with sharp or hot objects! But then you KNOW my children. Ok, Joshua is trustworthy in most of those areas, I just usually need his help with Aaron.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger The Going Blog said...

That was fun to read. You sure have some good boys.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Wow! That is great! Faithy is learning to do several things and loves to be a "big-girl helper" even to mopping, dusting, folding wash rags, making her bed, and washing pastic dishes, but she does NOT like to clean her room. Things are not done to perfection because she is only three, but she tries. Charity actually likes to pick up toys and put them in the container I tell her... She is my trash person... throws away diapers and papers, etc. She is only 18 months, so I don't expect much more of her. That is great that Seth is learning to cook, too! And mow the grass... Wow! He looks so little in that picture with the lawn mower, but I am sure he enjoys it! That's the way to train them early... nothing like seeing lazy and unhelful children (or adults!). You are such a great mom! Sorry about the book!

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

That word was supposed to be unhelpful! :-)

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You definetly have a right to be proud of those boys! My favorite picture was the one of Seth reading a book to Ethan. How sweet! I think it's so neat that he keeps Ethan entertained. I know that is a huge help to you in these "last days". :-)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

How nice to have two "big" helpers! They seem to be very considerate.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Mom C said...

To Seth & Ethan --
Grandma cannot tell you fellas how pleased she is that you are such good helpers! You have a wonderful Mommy to teach you how to do these things and the importance of being good workers. It makes Jesus so happy when you are good workers!
To Martha --
Thank you for sharing about the boys and their accomplishments in the field of "helps." (And if the boys choose their companions wisely, it is certain your future daughters-in-law will thank you!) Much love to all of you!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Janette said...

Glad you have such good helpers! Looks like they do a great job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Greg's bed rest advice -
    They say I am "all baby,"
    now THAT'S a neighbor's husband!
    now THAT'S a neighbor!
    Why would I do that?!
    For Blake & Christopher
    16 stops
    Ethanangelo
    To bumper or not to bumper?
    The State of the Union

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site