Monday, June 25, 2007
Where do I start?
Yes, I am still here.
I have enjoyed some extra energy and less nausea, so instead of blogging I have been a good girl and worked really hard. I have been landscaping in the yard with Troy. (We are almost done! Yippee!) Hours have been spent finishing all the details of last year's school and preparing for the next. I am ready to start which is a nice accomplishment since it is only June. My poor closets have been ripped apart and resorted in order to make room for another little someone. Last, but not least, I am finally cleaning some places that haven't been touched for months. But it hasn't all been work. . .
We still do our weekly library visit. I thought Ethan looked so cute listening to a story.
We have spent hours outside and at the park. The boys were very excited when I took them wading in a small creek. It was so fun, and they spotted lots of minnows and saw a crawdad for the first time. Lake Robinson was another destination spot, and we even enjoyed a picnic lunch last week.
The "Aunts" ( my younger sisters) did it again and surprised us with another box of goodies.
Another special event was when our friends, Curtis and Jennifer Going, were able to join us for an evening. The boys already liked them very much, but they moved up a few notches when they presented Seth and Ethan with HUGE water guns!
I had fun preparing for the evening with the Goings and even made little place cards. I ripped cardstock, painted chalkboard paint on the front and wrote each person's first name letter with chalk.
Here is a snapshot of my impromptu centerpiece. With all the lemons and limes, it smelled like Sprite. :-)
My last closet section is calling me now, so I had better go and organize. Hope all of you are having a good Monday. I'll see ya in your blogs.

  posted at 9:35 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Les said...

You are so creative and do such cute things! Ethan is really growing up. He's losing more of the "baby" look all the time. It's kinda sad.
Joshua took my weight photo and I wasn't ready. I never thought about it, but you're right, we all look sad in our before photos. I think it's because we are sick of being fat!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I really like the centerpiece. Looks very summer-ish! I too have been getting ready for next school year...I'm trying to control those feelings of panic whenever I think about summer being over....and you'll have to do it all with a new baby....I guess it's a good thing you're getting organized! I have to laugh about the closet cleanings. I remember walking into your house going "WHAT are you doing?" My closets usually only get cleaned when we move (not really, but almost)....but we won't tell anyone else that. haha

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Vicki said...

Glad to know you're feeling better. I remember those days....yuck!!! Enjoyed your blog.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Oh my goodness, we have MISSED you! If you'd quit being stubborn and move to Frankfort, I could help with the closets and you could help me pick paint for redoing a couple rooms! :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger tacomom said...

Love the centerpiece. Understand about closet cleaning. I don't do it as often as I should. Thankfully I only have five closets in this house.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta hand it to ya... you do make me jealous... You are so clean and organized. I believe I only have three closets in this house... I still have the gags... Have been really gagging the last few days. Faithy hears me and asks, "Are you sick, Mommy?" Yep! I am also VERY tired. Feel drugged. Will survive... Hopefully, my energy will return soon so that I can tackle some big tasks. Love your creativity! I am sure it made the Goings feel really special. Better go... got to go to the library, store, etc... Walking, of course. Got housework and VBS tonight, too. Keep up the inspiring work!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love your centerpiece. Very pretty and I agree with Nancy - "summer-ish". I'm glad that you are having some good days.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Nancy, I remember that "look." :-)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Sarah,
You are hilarious!!!!! :-) Thankfully my "gagging" days are over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Better late than never. . .
    Okay, okay, I give!!!!
    Another good day on the books!
    Marriage meme
    The Return of "Me"
    . . .the price of freedom
    A tale of nausea. . .
    Not sure what is going on. . .
    A Tale of Stuffed Animals
    Ramblings of a recovering traveler. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site