Tuesday, May 22, 2007
A tale of nausea. . .
Sigh. . .I haven't been very good blogging company lately, have I? If you have never had to deal with pregnancy nausea, you have no understanding of it. If you have, you "feel my pain." I'll be honest and admit that sometimes I have a hard time focusing on the miracle of a growing baby because the nausea is relentless. I think I have forgotten how I healthy I was! I am not used to my house having a thick layer of dust, mounds of dirty laundry, piles of yucky dishes, nights of sleeplessness due to nausea. Right now, I just want my Mom here. I wish she could "run" my house and feed my kids something other than toast, cereal, crackers and mac/cheese. (They don't seem to mind. :-) The problem is that she is about 12 hours away. . . When I do feel well, I notice how the boys really need my attention. Phooey on the laundry, the kids need to be outside of the house. Out of their 12 pairs of undies, they still have about 2 pairs clean!
On Monday, I felt civil enough to take the boys to - -
the park. They were thrilled to pieces!!!!!!! Had a great time! I wish you could have met the boy that I did! He was the nine year old form of Eugene Meltzner (Sp?). Poor boy. He had "Nerd" written all over him. His glasses were so close to being horn-rimmed it was pitiful. The other kids shunned him - except for mine. I was his lucky ear, and all during our conversation (If you could call it that.), he kept talking on an imaginary cell phone to a "Sticker" and "Water Bottle." The sticker's name was Japanese sounding, so I cannot remember it. Too bad. You would've had a laugh! We finally left the park and headed home to - -
wash Troy's car (with the help of a neighbor girl). The boys also played in their pools for hours. It was a big day for me, but the boys had fun!
Today, it's back to reality. The nausea isn't so bad, but the piles of work make me depressed! I am so far behind in emails, correspondence, book work, etc. So, what have I done with the nausea reprieve you ask? Well. . .played the piano for quite a good amount of time, ran to Walmart (We were seriously out of essentials!!), cleaned a little, stitched up a bean bag, did some more organizing in a closet and put in one load of laundry. Oh, yes. . .I blogged! :-) Feeling too overwhelmed to attack the piles. (Besides, I would rather go read your blogs right now.)
On a good note, my new blog design was in my Inbox yesterday morning. Yippee! Maybe you will see it in a few days.

  posted at 3:17 PM  
  23 comments



23 Comments:
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Lea said...

Hey, Martha! It has been great getting caught up with what is going on in the "Castle". Congratulations on the pregnancy!!!! I can't imagine having to be as miserable as you have been. Mine were both sooo easy with the exception of my fainting spells, LOL. I hope that things improve for you shortly, but as memory serves, it was this way most of the time with your first, right? I did send you an invitation to MySpace, when you get the chance, you just have to log on and approve me as a friend. I am thinking about setting a blog up, myself. When I get the "extra" time...ha,ha,ha! It seems like a dream to have extra time. Well, I have children to feed, bathe, & bed, laundry to do and try to get it together for another crazy day at work tomorrow! Hope to hear from you soon! Take care. Love ya! Lea

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Martha, I am so sorry to hear that you've still been sick. I was hoping that things were going to get better since you were feeling pretty good the day we talked at church. I'll be praying that you survive! Seriously...

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Poor thing--you must have gotten my share of morning sickness too, because I was always healthy as a horse and eating everything in sight when I was pregnant. We miss your blogging, but totally understand. Don't worry about the house right now; there's time for being neurotic later when you feel better. And I absolutely CANNOT wait for the new blog to get here!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Les said...

Glad you made it off the couch! I answered your questions on my blog!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

LEA,
So happy to hear from you! Can't wait to see your pics!
JULIE,
Thanks! It means a lot!
ANGIE,
You always brighten my day! :-)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Oops. My bad - I did TWO loads of laundry today. Aren't you impressed? :-)
We also got to eat at Steak 'N Shake - gift card from a nice relative. Whew! At least I didn't have to make supper.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I must say....your new blog looks just like you....hhhmmmmm...wonder why??

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE the new look!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Angie D said...

The new look is just perfect for you! The wait has nearly killed us...

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice design, Martha.
- Janice

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Les said...

LOVE IT!!!!!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Aimee said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new design.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Jana said...

I like new look!! Sorry that you are still so sick...I can totally sympathize!!!! It's awful!! The very tiny glimmer of hope is "the countDOWN is on!!".

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Janette said...

Love the new look of your blog!!
So sorry you are still sick. Hope you get over that soon!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha! I LOVE your new blog look. It is great! Sorry you have been feeling so sick recently. Sending lots of feel better wishes.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

What a colorful, new look! I think it fits you to a T!!

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy and your new blog! Hope you feel better soon! I think labor is a piece of cake compared to the weeks and months of nausea. Yuck!

Becky

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Martha,
I know exactly how you feel. Right now I feel 10ft. above my head in work. I am really behind on my housework.
Really liked the picture of washing the car.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Greg & Stephanie said...

Sounds as though you and I are living in the same world right now...I'm not really sick, just napping all the time and no motivation to cook, clean, talk, or anything else that requires energy! Love the new look!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger LaDonna said...

Martha, I found you through your wonderful mother-in-law, and I've been enjoying seeing what Troy is up to these days! He and I go WAAAY back to Phoenix, AZ. I'm Jason's sister. Sounds like you're having a rough time adjusting to the south!! You'll get used to it!! :) I hope you will start feeling better soon, and wish you a healthy pregnancy.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Tamra said...

Poor Martha. I hope this lets up soon for you. My first pregnancy, I felt wonderful almost the whole time. With Jillian, I was sick only for the first 10-12 weeks. Did you feel similar to this with your first two pregnancies? We will be thinking of you.

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Love the new look, it's cute. I especially loved the book called "TALES OF A CASTLE"! Cute Idea! =)

Sorry that you are sooo sick...I've been there 3 times, and it's NOT fun...until you get to hold that baby, then you can forget SOME of what you went through. ;)

Love, Heather =)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Love you new design!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Not sure what is going on. . .
    A Tale of Stuffed Animals
    Ramblings of a recovering traveler. . .
    "Bargain Happy" Mama
    Of holidays and hugs
    Ramblings of a tired traveler. . .
    A riddle explained.
    A tale of. . .nevermind - a riddle
    Just for Carrie
    Only a mother. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site