Monday, June 04, 2007
The Return of "Me"
It's finally happening! The real "Me" is starting to come back! Each day I have been less nauseated. I'm trading the nausea for exhaustion, but I would rather be tired anytime than sick!!!! I have spent the last several days trying to get my house back in order due to the lack of "Martha" attention it has received during the last few months. Sigh. . .It is a rather depressing state of being! My correspondence and blog have been sadly neglected! (As if you hadn't noticed! :-) For those who have emailed, I will try to get to you this week if possible. As for the blog. . . well, I will never be able to fill in all the fun details that happened - too much work for this already behind gal! I'll just give you pictures of some of the during and between nausea events that took place in the last few weeks.
Enjoy! :-)

We visited a travelling "petting zoo" that was a bit interesting. Above are the "lions" of which the sign boasted. There were also monkeys, snakes, llamas, ponies, water buffalo and baby tigers.

The poor camel was moving around in a small pen waiting for someone to pay a tiny fortune to ride it for a few minutes.

Seth was thrilled to feed the goats.

This was one of those "places" where you walked away feeling sorry for the animals and wondering if PETA (or whatever they are called) would try to close the thing.

We attended a few birthday parties. One for Luke,
and one for Catherine.
The balloon guy was a huge hit! Ethan was so excited to receive his balloon "sword."
Seth was very excited to get his first skateboard! He played with it constantly until it came up missing last week. Poor guy. I finally broke the news to him today.
The weather has been beautiful, so I have spent a lot of time letting the boys play outside of the house. (If I had a laptop, I wouldn't have been behind on blogging!)
Last, but not least,
we are finishing up the landscaping around our home!!!! I haven't been able to help much, but Troy has had two very willing helpers!

  posted at 1:53 PM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

So glad you're starting to feel better. Pregnancy nausea is like no other and no one understands unless they've been through it! I had it all day during my pregnancy with Steven and even had it towards the end as well. I only had it the first 12 weeks or so with the girls and then it went away. I would rather be tired also! At least you can sleep and feel a little bit better when you get up.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Hey! Welcome back. Glad the sickness is abating.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Les said...

So happy to see you're back! Even though I get to talk to you, I still miss reading your blog.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

Glad you are feeling better. We will be looking forward to "catching up" with you via your blog.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Patty said...

Welcome back. I missed your post.
I am way behind on posting, and I DON'T have your excuss. So glad you are feeling better

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lavy Country said...

We're glad you are back. I hope it just keeps getting better. Take care.
Wilma

 
At 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your feelin better... still suffering myself, especially at the thought of breaded fish or cheese... don't ask, the cheese thing is new to this pregnancy. GAG! And I have my allergies going crazy. My family went to the country and stayed in a tent over Memorial Day weekend, and in a farmer's house one night... my husband this one church, and I was hoping that they would think I was getting blessed because my eyes were so red... even as I write this, I am suffering... Gotta go and get a tissue.

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was my husband had to PREACH at this one church...
Anyway, looks like you've all been having fun... didn't know Troy did landscaping! Don't feel bad about being behind in all, even when I am not pregnant, I am behind. But, I am sure glad you are back to blogging, you do a great job on it, and I did miss ya!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger The Going Blog said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. How many weeks are you now? Your custom blog design is so unique and fun. Take care!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Hope it continues!

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,
hey this is your favorite person in the world!! Esther Gary.
I saw your blog and was amazed at how big the boys are getting.. It makes me feel OLD... How do you feel? Just kidding...
Hey e-mail me some time at
stercrazy07@yahoo.com
Cant wait to hear from you.
Love you all.
~Esther~

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Glad you're feeling better!!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger tacomom said...

Yay!! Nothing feels as good as pregnancy nausea going away. I used to lay (lie?) in bed and DREAM about walking through grass with bare feet and on a sandy beach with bare feet. That was my "craving" for the nauseous part of the pregnancy. loL! With the third pg, I laid on the couch and craved crafts. I just couldn't wait to feel better to even WANT to do those things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    . . .the price of freedom
    A tale of nausea. . .
    Not sure what is going on. . .
    A Tale of Stuffed Animals
    Ramblings of a recovering traveler. . .
    "Bargain Happy" Mama
    Of holidays and hugs
    Ramblings of a tired traveler. . .
    A riddle explained.
    A tale of. . .nevermind - a riddle

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site