Tuesday, June 05, 2007
Marriage meme
Today is our anniversary, so I thought you might enjoy this. . .

1.) What is your spouse's full name?

- Troy Brannon

2.) Where did you meet?

- South Dakota

3.) Who was the first to suggest you two as a couple?

- My dad. He said he had found "son-in-law" material. I laughed at the comment.

4.) What attracted you to your spouse?

- First of all, we started off as very good friends - no strings attached. I appreciated his desire to serve God. He was kind and sensitive to his mother. His musical abilities. The deep friendship we shared - I was glad we didn't start off "starry-eyed." I always felt like I knew the "real" Troy. He was very open and talkative for a guy. That was huge; I never wanted to marry someone who clammed up all the time. He wasn't afraid to shed tears. He loved to discuss issues, politics. . . We were passionate about many of the same things.

5.) Who made the first move?

-He did. I am still all about the man being the leader!

6.) What was your first date like?

- Good question. I need Troy to refresh my mind on this one. Since we had done so many things as friends, there was no huge difference in the relationship.

7.) What was the proposal like?

- Sweet, of course! :-) His car was in AZ, so I drove my parents' suburban with Troy telling me everywhere to go. He directed me to a beautiful gazebo surrounded by flowers and foliage. Minutes after popping the question, my sister and a friend of hers suddenly trucked by on bikes! That might not have been so bad, but they decided to stop and ask what in the world we were doing!

8.) How long were you engaged?

- A few days shy of a full year.

9.) When/where did you get married?

- June, 5, 1998. Mitchell, South Dakota.

10.) Who was in your wedding?

-Gals (Jennifer Nelson - matron of honor, Joanna Sampson - sister/maid of honor, Katy Johnson - flower girl, Sarah Sampson - sister/junior bridesmaid, Lucia Howard, Leslie Clark and Suzanna Hooper)

- Guys (David Spivey - best man, Clay Dalrymple - Bible bearer, Tracy Castle - brother, Trint Castle - brother, Paul Sampson-brother and Sam Lyon)

- Ministers (Rev. James Sampson - father, Rev. Lindell Howard)

- Musicians (Lisa and David Wiseman - piano/vocals, Sam Lyon - sax, Trint Castle - trumpet and Troy Castle - vocals)

- Ushers (David Sampson - brother, Jeremy Dunlap)

11.) Colors of the wedding?

- Rainbow wedding. Okay, so I am a bit embarrassed of that now!!!!! Thought it was great then!

12.) What was your first year like?

- Pretty smooth. We had taken the time to get to know each other which erased a lot of problems in the marriage. I have very fond memories of the first year! :-)

13. How long have you been married?

- Nine years today.


  posted at 1:44 PM  
  26 comments



26 Comments:
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't understand the title -- marriage meme?

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both for your ninth anniversary. We love you and wish you many more.

Pastor and Mrs. Going

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

Congrats! And best wishes for many more happy years together!

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Gene Davis said...

Congrats to you and Troy!!! Hope that the years to follow are as happy and joyous!!!

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

IF I had a working computer, I might do this too, but alas, no working computer have I! >:(

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary! I'll have to steal this meme in August!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on 9 years of marriage! Our 8th anniversary is coming up next month. Doesn't seem possible! Wishing you many more happy years together!!!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Happy anniversary! Hope you felt well enough to enjoy the special day.

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Congratulations! My husband and I celebrate our 20th today, 06/06.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger sankey family said...

Happy Anniversary to you!
Marc and I will celebrate 15 years of married bliss on June 20th.

Melodie

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Congratulations...and congrats to Melodie and Marc. We share the same anniversary...a great day. And it's 10 years for us! I'm still chuckling about the rainbow colors. How well I remember seeing a wedding in those colors. Thankfully that novelty had worn off in our area a few years before we got married. I'm wondering if there was an evening out to celebrate or did nausea and comfort foods win out???

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Les said...

Happy Anniversary!! The rainbow wedding wasn't so bad, I got to wear my favorite color!!! I'm glad there were no pics of what I looked like during the wedding!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations!!! May you be blessed with many more wonderful years together!!!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Janette said...

Happy 9th anniversary! Hope you had a nice day!
Also glad to hear that you are feeling better lately!

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations... so sweet! I love your train! In my wedding, I thought I had picked out a pattern for the bridesmaids that were slimming (negative) ... bless their hearts, oh, well. Then there was the color pink, with a red church... major clash, but at least I got to marry the man of my dreams... I truly believe God made us to be together. Excuse me as I dab my eyes with a tissue. Sniff. My anniversary is next week... it will be only four years, but it seems like longer, guess it's all the children we keep having... Ha! I hope you all had a fantastic anniversary, and may God bless your beautiful family!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats to you both! We will be married 8 years in August. Time flies, doesn't it? Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I cant believe u have been married for 9 years already! Thats crazy!!! time goes by so FAST!!! Soon Seth will be getting married! Ok, I'll shut-up! lol..
Love you all!!
Esther Gary!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad about the rainbow colors. We had Seafoam green dresses, the guys wore cream colored tuxes with mauve cumberbuns. That was almost 17yrs.ago(Jun.15th). Don't we all wish we could have a wedding redo when all the syles change?
Happy Anniversary! And I'm glad you are feeling better.
Julie Waggoner

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger LaDonna said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Troy! I hope it was a good one and that you have many, many more!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger tacomom said...

Interestingly enough, we had purple and teal (dh will tell you it was BLUE not teal :) for our wedding. It's been 13.5 yrs and I haven't regretted it yet. I started planning a year ahead and couldn't find hardly anything in those colors that I wanted. The closer the day came, the more selection was available. Kind of weird that I was actually ahead of the game. I don't like change so am usually WAY behind styles.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Thank you for all the kind wishes.
LES, what makes you think you are off the hook with wedding pictures?! I planned on posting some; I have been too lazy to scan them in the computer. Watch out!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Cool! Enjoyed the facts and congrats on your anniversary!

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Norma Gwen Watson said...

Glad you are feeling better and had a nice anniversary.
I kind of used rainbow colors in our wedding too, pink-blue-yellow. It doesn't matter if it is not in style now; we liked it at the time and that is all that matters.
You had a beautiful wedding gown.

Gwen

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness gracious! I canNOT believe it's been so long. *sigh* I remember poor ol' Mama running around trying to get everything organized. Remember the fuss over that Kenny G. song you wanted? Yeah, your colors were a bit, ahem, off but hey! It was your day. I remember the kiss... *lol* When Troy kissed your hand, the whole crowd groaned. That was hiLARIOUS! So glad y'all are doing well. ::hugs:: Oh, and more wedding pix WOULD be nice. *grin*

 
At 1:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaahhhhh!!!! all the pretty colors are hurting my head! im gonna need a nap now. thanks!!!!

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the glasses...thanks for indulging us!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    The Return of "Me"
    . . .the price of freedom
    A tale of nausea. . .
    Not sure what is going on. . .
    A Tale of Stuffed Animals
    Ramblings of a recovering traveler. . .
    "Bargain Happy" Mama
    Of holidays and hugs
    Ramblings of a tired traveler. . .
    A riddle explained.

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site