Today is our anniversary, so I thought you might enjoy this. . .
1.) What is your spouse's full name?
- Troy Brannon
2.) Where did you meet?
- South Dakota
3.) Who was the first to suggest you two as a couple?
- My dad. He said he had found "son-in-law" material. I laughed at the comment.
4.) What attracted you to your spouse?
- First of all, we started off as very good friends - no strings attached. I appreciated his desire to serve God. He was kind and sensitive to his mother. His musical abilities. The deep friendship we shared - I was glad we didn't start off "starry-eyed." I always felt like I knew the "real" Troy. He was very open and talkative for a guy. That was huge; I never wanted to marry someone who clammed up all the time. He wasn't afraid to shed tears. He loved to discuss issues, politics. . . We were passionate about many of the same things.
5.) Who made the first move?
-He did. I am still all about the man being the leader!
6.) What was your first date like?
- Good question. I need Troy to refresh my mind on this one. Since we had done so many things as friends, there was no huge difference in the relationship.
7.) What was the proposal like?
- Sweet, of course! :-) His car was in AZ, so I drove my parents' suburban with Troy telling me everywhere to go. He directed me to a beautiful gazebo surrounded by flowers and foliage. Minutes after popping the question, my sister and a friend of hers suddenly trucked by on bikes! That might not have been so bad, but they decided to stop and ask what in the world we were doing!
8.) How long were you engaged?
- A few days shy of a full year.
9.) When/where did you get married?
- June, 5, 1998. Mitchell, South Dakota.
10.) Who was in your wedding?
-Gals (Jennifer Nelson - matron of honor, Joanna Sampson - sister/maid of honor, Katy Johnson - flower girl, Sarah Sampson - sister/junior bridesmaid, Lucia Howard, Leslie Clark and Suzanna Hooper)
- Guys (David Spivey - best man, Clay Dalrymple - Bible bearer, Tracy Castle - brother, Trint Castle - brother, Paul Sampson-brother and Sam Lyon)
- Ministers (Rev. James Sampson - father, Rev. Lindell Howard)
- Musicians (Lisa and David Wiseman - piano/vocals, Sam Lyon - sax, Trint Castle - trumpet and Troy Castle - vocals)
- Ushers (David Sampson - brother, Jeremy Dunlap)
11.) Colors of the wedding?
- Rainbow wedding. Okay, so I am a bit embarrassed of that now!!!!! Thought it was great then!
12.) What was your first year like?
- Pretty smooth. We had taken the time to get to know each other which erased a lot of problems in the marriage. I have very fond memories of the first year! :-)
13. How long have you been married?
- Nine years today.