Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Ramblings of a recovering traveler. . .
Here is the "nutshell" version of the trip: (Too nauseated to type lots of details.)
1. Left 5/5 after Troy was completely done with BJU duties.
2. Pulled into GBS late - where we spent the first night.
3. Arrived in Dayton on Sunday morn where we attended our "old" church. Had an awesome lunch (Dave made some of that pork which I love!) at Bange's where we lounged with "old" friends. Here is -
the Bange's little girl. Isn't she adorable?! It was also a blast to get reacquainted with -
Camden Manley! (Thought you might like to see this, Janice.)
4. Stayed with the Manleys until Tuesday evening. Had a wonderful time. Seth almost cried when we left. . .
5. Returned to Cincy where we stayed with -

my Grandma Sampson. We had a good time with her between all of our running the city.

6. Visited with family.

7. Joan took us to the aquarium where the boys would - live at the shark petting tank if they could.
They never tire of this activity.
We also fed the birds at the aquarium. I quickly left disgusted after a swooping bird left a trail on me! Ick!
8. More time with family.
Here is a shot of me holding "Earl, the dead cat." (Gene, what was it you said about thinking your own family is normal? :-)

9. Had the privilege of seeing many friends and fellow bloggers. I even got to hold Bryce Ayars.

10. Arrived home on the 11th. There was a big rainbow in SC. . . I think God is telling me to start liking this far, far away land. :-)




  posted at 10:20 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Les said...

The little girl and Camden are too adorable!
I am afraid of birds and won't go into that part of the aquarium.
Are you allowing me to post the pictures of us, or did you not care enough about my family to take pics?

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Gene Davis said...

I am glad that I am not the only one with a normal family!!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for mentioning Bryce on your blog! It was so nice to see you.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Clarissa Manley looks just like her Mommy!

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith loves looking at your blog. She just saw your pict with the dead cat and gasped "Martha!" She has a good memory, and is becoming quite the chatter-box... She even knows who Ethan is, and she didn't even get to see him much that weekend. Hey, by the way, I saw my ultrasond, not as far along as I thought, I guess, but baby's heart is beating! What a relief! How are things with your bb? By the way, I think allergy season just started up here, because I have been suffering with it now... but, I sneeze so loud it can be embarrassing. Sarah

 
At 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,
Camden looks like a real sweetie pie!!! Thanks for sharing the picture. :)
Glad you had a safe enjoyable trip.
Janice

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Looks like you had a busy, but fun trip seeing and staying with different friends, and family, and getting a lot packed in in a little time! That's what we do too, for we want to see everyone in that short time frame. =)

Love, Heather

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Les said...

I talked to Joan and told her I saw her on the internet. After her initial "fear", she realized it was from you. She said "she was snapping pictures all the time, I didn't know what she was doing". I was cracking up! We bloggers "get it"!

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger tacomom said...

How funny, Angie...when I saw the picture of Clarissa, I thought she looked just like her daddy!

Thanks for sharing the pics of your trip, Martha. Makes us feel better about not having a post to read here at the castle for several days... :) :)

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, is that cat really a dead stuffed cat? I have stared at the thing in disbelief... that is gross.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Hi, I came to check out your blog to see Susie's work. As I was looking at your pictures, and seeing the street with no sidewalks, I was thinking to myself "oh, I wonder what state she lives in since they have no sidewalks either." Then I saw that you live in SC too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    "Bargain Happy" Mama
    Of holidays and hugs
    Ramblings of a tired traveler. . .
    A riddle explained.
    A tale of. . .nevermind - a riddle
    Just for Carrie
    Only a mother. . .
    Frightening quotes of the day:
    A little of Troy's world. . .
    My "Sister" Conclusion -

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site