Friday, May 11, 2007
Ramblings of a tired traveler. . .
Big yawn. . . It has been a loooong week. My apologies for not saying adieu. I used every little ounce of energy and unnauseated moments to:
ensure a return to a spotless house! It was worth every bit of it! Now. . .for all of that unpacking and laundry that cluttered the pretty scene. Yawn. . .
The trip to OH went well (except for the fact I despise road trips). :-) Nausea was on an all time low just in time for gas prices to sky rocket (which can cause nausea to return). We had lots of fun with:

friends

and goofy family members. (My two brothers pictured.)
Had time to hit one of OH/KY main attractions (thanks to a kind aunt).
We also ate out more times than I can imagine. (Thanks to many kind relatives for picking up the tab.) It was nice to not have to cook for a week!

We are now back home in this far, far away land, and I have never looked forward to my own dear bed as I am tonight. Have some great stories to tell, pictures to post. . . I spent the last week without Internet, so I am dying to see all of your blogs! My Confederate cell phone quit working in KY, and I have been without that for a week, too. (Suffering from a bit of technology withdrawal.) If you tried to call, I wasn't ignoring anyone - promise.

Big contented sigh. . . The trip is over (Did I mention I dislike road trips? :-). My bed is calling me. Kids need their own beds. We made lots of memories, and that's what counts.

Now I will take my non-sensical mind and let it sleep!


  posted at 10:03 PM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you already! Nice house... I am jealous about the clean part! Sarah Cook

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Janette said...

Glad you had a good time on your trip and arrived back home safely!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger The Going Blog said...

Welome Home and Welcome back to the blog world :) There is nothing like going away to make your own bed or canoe feel great (we slept on a canoe when we first got married, they called it a matress but it slept a whole lot like a canoe). Have a great Mother's Day tomorrow!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

Welcome Back!!!!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

YAY! Martha's back!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It was nice to see you again. Glad we ran into each other. I enjoyed the picture of your house. I really like the color of your walls.

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Les said...

I so wish we could have spent more than just a few hours together! The kids had so much fun seeing Seth and Ethan, and Joshua really enjoyed playing his sax for you and Troy. I wasn't able to post my pics yet. I haven't gotten to the store to get them on a disc. Figures you'd beat me! I love and miss you already. Maybe we can work out getting down there when my namesake is born.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

So glad you are back. It just wasn't the same...

Enjoyed your post. Anxiously awaiting more tales and pics of your adventures!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Glad you had a fun trip...sorry for the long road trip, and the non-working cell phone...and the BLOG WITHDRAWAL. =) Welcome home, get caught up on your rest...for you are BUILDING A CUTE LITTLE BABY...so you deserve lots of rest. =) (Probably more than you get having 2 active cute boys!)

Have a WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!

Love, Heather

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Welcome back! We've all been suffering from the Martha-less flu this week. Bit of withdrawal, I think...

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Norma Gwen Watson said...

Martha, can you tell me how to set up my blog so tha I can receive messages? I can't get it to do right. Glad you had a good trip.
Preston is still in hospital, it will be 2 weeks tomorrow and we are all exhausted. Tomorrow is a big day as they clamp off the external shunt and see if the internal shunt will work. We are praying it will.

Gwen

 
At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Missed your blogging.
Janice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    A riddle explained.
    A tale of. . .nevermind - a riddle
    Just for Carrie
    Only a mother. . .
    Frightening quotes of the day:
    A little of Troy's world. . .
    My "Sister" Conclusion -
    Lawsuit Time!
    In case you're wondering. . .
    Of Fridays and Farewells. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site