Thursday, November 23, 2006
Thanksgiving ~ Part 2
Janelle Manley
Kim Russo
Linda, Martha, Nancy & Ginger
Thanksgiving treat
Suzanna Hooper
There is a lull in my day, so I decided to hop on the computer and brag on my "kindred spirits." (Sorry I do not have snapshots of everyone. Hope you will enjoy the few.) Lately I have been pondering the wealth of friends that I call mine, and I am so blessed. Having lived in six different areas, I have met many wonderful (and some not so wonderful :-) people that have touched my life. One of my teachers taught me that everyone can contribute something to you if you will allow them. I have endeavored to do that and have found myself on the receiving end many times. To all of my acquaintances, friends and kindred spirits, thanks for what you have added to my journey. My heart has needed to keep growing in order to make spots for everyone! :-)
I have one corner of my heart that has those that are my oldest companions. The ones that I cannot remember not knowing. Lisa (Burton) Robinson and the "Dinkins" gals (Linda, Nancy and Ginger) are in that category. Wow! Do we all have some good stories and laughs on each other!!!!!
There are so many school friends with whom I have shared hours of fun. . . Yolonda Lewis, Jennifer (Williams) Nelson, Annie (Williams) Davis and Johanna (Nelson) Howard are some with whom I still correspond. Suzanna Hooper and I became instant friends close to twenty years ago, and I still think as highly of her as I did then. I never grow tired of being with her! She has the longest standing title of "best" in my friend category.
Janelle Manley is a newer friend and one of my "best" as well. Her home is the one spot on earth where I feel most comfortable! We have the greatest time with them. Troy and John, Janelle and myself, Cale, Clarissa, Seth and Ethan. Now they have little Camden! They are one of the best families on the planet, and I am so proud to call them my friends! I miss you all terribly.
I have a big stash of good friends from SD, IN and OH. It was nice to live at GBS and make new friends and reconnect with old. Nancy Lambeth and I have enjoyed more laughs than I will ever count! :-) She was a blast. I had better stop naming GBS folks, or I will just have to type the entire phone list.
Since moving to SC in August, I have a new set of people that God has allowed to contribute to my life. My neighbor, Kim Russo, is wonderful. I do not know what I would do without her!!!! There is a host of ladies at church that are so nice. I have enjoyed many fun conversations with these gals, and they have warmly accepted me.
The whole world of blogging has reunited me with some old acquaintances and moved them to the rank of "friend." I have even met new friends through this avenue. Thanks, "Anonymous," for emailing me:-) You are wonderful to know. One of these days, I will have an outing with all the IN gals!
Thank You, God, for giving me the blessing of friendship. Thank You for an outgoing personality that causes me to want to know new people.
Thanks to each of you ~ from the oldest to the newest! Friends truly are the flowers of life! You have stood by my side and made such a difference.
Thanks for all the spice you add! I love all of you very much!
P.S. I included a snapshot of one of the treats I made my family. Warning: they cause addictions!

  posted at 5:06 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 9:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so blessed! Hope your family had a great Thanksgiving!

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness! I'm curious to know how you know all these people! Robert taught at GBSHS (now the "Aldersgate Academy" [said in a deep voice]) the same time Nancy, Ginger, and Lisa were there. How nifty!

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog through another's. I am from SC, but living overseas. The park in your pictures looks just like the park where I used to take my kids. It is a small world. :)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Carrie,
I was born in Cincy, and my Dad is a GBS grad. We attended Bevis Wesleyan Church with the Dinkins and Burtons, and I attended Eden Grove Academy with them. We moved to SD when I was around 7 or 8, but we frequently came back for visits.

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to have the recipe for the chocolate Thanksgiving treat pictured on your blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Pictures ~ Part 1
    Thanksgiving ~ Part 1
    Christmas sale at the castle
    New photos
    Pirates of America
    Boys will be boys!
    Oops - again!
    Company, chaos, couches & creativity
    Please help!!!! Any ideas?
    "Killing time"

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site