I have already donned my apron and rolled up my sleeves to begin preparations for tomorrow but decided to take a little break in the middle. . . Like many other bloggers, I am going to take a few moments today to list several things that warm my heart and finish the list on the holiday.
1. A God that wants a personal relationship with me (and you). Life is difficult at times, but I have a Rock from which I never want to stray. Reciprocal love, answered prayers, eternal hope. . .Thank You, God!
2. A sweet husband that doesn't care how long I stay on the computer! :-) He will always help with kids or housework if I need it and his schedule allows, is very patient with me (most of the time~I can be very trying), invests in his sons and will even iron my clothes for me if I ask. (That is the one job that is ugh!)
3. Two little boys that shower me with kisses and hugs. I have been presented with the sweetest love notes and every flower (dandelion) in the neighborhood. Sure, they sometimes get on the very last nerve in my body, but I wouldn't trade them. I am trying relish every "Mommy, will you. . ." because I will not always hear it. After a miscarriage last November, my boys seem more precious, and I am very thankful that I am able to enjoy them on earth.
4. A big family of parents, siblings, in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. . . I know that if something should ever happen to me, many of these people would be at my side in a heart~beat, and I am very thankful for this! I have wonderful memories surrounding my family, and I will always treasure them. Sorry I cannot be with the Cincinnati gang for this holiday. You will be in my thoughts. Thank you for loving me and always making me feel welcomed.
5. Our freedom. I never realized how precious this was until I visited the Ukraine and saw the ravages of world war. I met people who had lived under communism, and I saw what it did to them. To any veteran who may read this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. We owe it all to you!
For some little things:
A wonderful bed from The Original Mattress Factory
A nice minivan
A home to call my own
A great church and pastoral staff
Fresh baked bread
My very own piano
Chocolate covered pretzels
The ability to read and learn
A musical talent from God
Being able to homeschool my sons
The beauty of God's creation
An outgoing personality
To all my friends ~ you will hear about yourself tomorrow! :-) Happy preparing!