Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Thanksgiving ~ Part 1
I have already donned my apron and rolled up my sleeves to begin preparations for tomorrow but decided to take a little break in the middle. . . Like many other bloggers, I am going to take a few moments today to list several things that warm my heart and finish the list on the holiday.
1. A God that wants a personal relationship with me (and you). Life is difficult at times, but I have a Rock from which I never want to stray. Reciprocal love, answered prayers, eternal hope. . .Thank You, God!
2. A sweet husband that doesn't care how long I stay on the computer! :-) He will always help with kids or housework if I need it and his schedule allows, is very patient with me (most of the time~I can be very trying), invests in his sons and will even iron my clothes for me if I ask. (That is the one job that is ugh!)
3. Two little boys that shower me with kisses and hugs. I have been presented with the sweetest love notes and every flower (dandelion) in the neighborhood. Sure, they sometimes get on the very last nerve in my body, but I wouldn't trade them. I am trying relish every "Mommy, will you. . ." because I will not always hear it. After a miscarriage last November, my boys seem more precious, and I am very thankful that I am able to enjoy them on earth.
4. A big family of parents, siblings, in-laws, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. . . I know that if something should ever happen to me, many of these people would be at my side in a heart~beat, and I am very thankful for this! I have wonderful memories surrounding my family, and I will always treasure them. Sorry I cannot be with the Cincinnati gang for this holiday. You will be in my thoughts. Thank you for loving me and always making me feel welcomed.
5. Our freedom. I never realized how precious this was until I visited the Ukraine and saw the ravages of world war. I met people who had lived under communism, and I saw what it did to them. To any veteran who may read this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. We owe it all to you!
For some little things:
A wonderful bed from The Original Mattress Factory
A nice minivan
A home to call my own
A great church and pastoral staff
Awesome neighbors
Fresh baked bread
My very own piano
Flowers
Icing
Chocolate covered pretzels
The ability to read and learn
A musical talent from God
Being able to homeschool my sons
The beauty of God's creation
An outgoing personality
To all my friends ~ you will hear about yourself tomorrow! :-) Happy preparing!

  posted at 3:22 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Christmas sale at the castle
    New photos
    Pirates of America
    Boys will be boys!
    Oops - again!
    Company, chaos, couches & creativity
    Please help!!!! Any ideas?
    "Killing time"
    I'm a busy gal.
    A 6 year old & a digital camera

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site