Wednesday, November 08, 2006
"Killing time"

Oh, yes, we had the privilege of doing that at the Charlotte airport. My typical "modus operandi" is to drive around until whoever is arriving has luggage in hand and waiting at the curb. Joanna was able to persuade me to park, come in and wait for her. That was a guarantee that her plane would be late! The boys did not know until we arrived that their "surprise" was Joanna, and they were thrilled!
Her plane was to arrive at 6:58, and we waltzed in at 6:45. We will not have long to wait, and that is a positive thing because Ethan did not have a good nap. That is what I thought! Time began to lapse, lapse, lapse and lapse. . . There was no info on the board concerning the flight. What would you think when other flights have "on time," "delayed" or at least a stated time next to it? Her flight was the only one in yellow letters with a red square surrounding it. A sure sign to Seth that she was dead. I finally asked and was informed it would be about an hour late. Nice! I brought nothing in the airport but us, camera, phone, wipes and hand sanitizer. It was then my maternal obligation to entertain bored boys. Ethan had a hard time sitting for long stretches of time. The boring solitude of that was disrupted by a sudden bloody nose from the dear boy. After the excitement of that, we began to ride escalators. They were again thrilled! We walked from one end of the airport to the other, counting the big squares on the floor. I believe there are 219.
Joanna finally landed, and we met her at the baggage claim, which had no info concerning her flight's luggage. It never did. So, we sat for another thirty minutes or longer. A lady on the same flight saw some of their items come by on a carousel, so we quickly grabbed everything and left.
We were then faced with an 85 mile drive back home and a stop at Walmart for groceries. I found myself in bed around 1 in the morning. Consequently, I am tired and crabby today. Yes, I was already having to apologize by 8:30 :-) My nice mother sent Take 5 candy bars to me, so that should do some cheering!

  posted at 10:21 AM  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like my week. I'm starting to wonder if I should just wear a big button that reads, "I'm sorry!"

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eech! Waiting at an airport with two small boys. Eech!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    I'm a busy gal.
    A 6 year old & a digital camera
    I am terrible!
    Sob, sniff. . .It finally happened!
    50th day of school~11/1/06
    Ethan. . .dear Ethan
    Paint color voting time
    Eating your words
    Finished laundry room
    School outing

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site