Tuesday, September 01, 2009
Flip flopping for a good cause!


I am finally sitting here and signed in as an official resident of VA. At least I guess I am. Not sure when one actually becomes a resident. Any ideas?
Beautiful country. Lovely house. Still no camera. :-( For the readers who are not Facebookers, a certain child of mine accidentally ended the life of our camera. Sad day as I had so many pictures to upload and tales to tell! I hope to work out something before I have two month's worth of pics. Yikes! Since I cannot really tell of our adventures without photos, I thought I'd mention the boys' latest compassion project. Maybe you'd like to be a part. . .

Pardon the post title regarding our new acitivty! I was hoping it wouldn't bring back too many nauseating memories of former presidential campaigns. :-) The idea came to me during a missionary service with this family. Since something as small as a pair of flip flops can bring delight to a shoeless person, we decided to send the boys walking for money. For every five minutes they take strides, they will be given $1 to help buy flip flops which will in turn be sent to the Stetlers for their ministry in Mexico. If you'd like to sponsor these bundles of energy, I will email you our address as I am not fond of plastering it on the Internet. The boys will be delighted with your encouragement! Blessings.

tmcastle98@gmail.com

  posted at 9:24 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think you're officially a resident when you get the driver's liscense, but I'm not positive. Cause since the whole homeland security thing, you have to "establish residency" to get the driver's license. So, maybe it's when you officially have an address (like close on a house or sign a rental agreement). Hmmmm, Hmmm.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Hey, my "friend in a far away land" has spoken again! Yes, my friend has moved a bit north! How did you guess? Thanks for the comment!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Wesley Wilson said...

On the camera death, the memory card is probably still fine (depending on the method of execution), so you could get the pictures off the memory card once you have a new camera. Of course if the new camera takes a different card type, you might need an adapter, but Walmart has them.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Mom C said...

HELP IS ON THE WAY! -- Love you all bunches!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Joy in the Journey said...

I'm not a big fan of flip-flops myself but have a ton of shoes I've been thinking of getting rid of... would you be up to receiving a shipment of those? Otherwise I can send $ for flip-flops, just don't like the lack of support.

haha! I'm a Big fan of good shoes... and a lot of them. Hmm :) Love you!! Check out my new post about my trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Life in the South - Part. . .1 1/2?
    Middle boy gets his dues.
    A "bunch" of those other things we have been doing.
    A very peaceful interruption ~
    Ahhhhhh. . .
    Lessons through tragedy
    How good the laughter felt!
    The wish for "my" trees.
    Blog? What blog?!
    Wife for Life Turns 32!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site