Monday, April 28, 2008
Okay. Okay!
I'll be serious this time with the Tag game, but I assure you it will be boring compared to the other. :-)
10 years ago, I was eating, breathing, sleeping, in love and looking like this:

Frightening - eh?! You may pause for a moment of laughter! :-) Remember the days of white nylons?! My Dad used to call me "Light Bulb Legs." Don't ya just luuuuuv the poof and frogs on the front of the dress? :-) Oh, yes, we must mention the cute little pose, too!

And here I am 10 years ago with a more casual look. A casual criminal look I dare say! Besides breathing, eating and sleeping (Habits I still indulge.), I was putting the finishing touches on a June wedding.
On my Today list:
Out of the thirty something things (Yes, I redefine "list woman."), a few are catching up weekend laundry, clean out the van, make a few phone calls, homeschool. . .
Snacks I enjoy:
Fresh fruit, bread, crackers, chocolate
If I were a billionaire:
Give most of it away to the Kingdom of Christ and needy people, give back to those that have blessed us while Troy was in school, buy a home that had lots of land for boys to be boys, set up a food fund so I could continually bake and make meals for people.
3 Bad habits: (We will deny any comments from the blog owner's husband! Thank you very much!!!!)
1. Worrying about the future 2. Not screwing lids on tightly which results in many spills. (And we will leave it at that, dear Troy!) 3. Not brushing my teeth after snacking.
Places I've lived:
Ohio, South Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, South Carolina, ? (Any ideas?)
Jobs I've had:
Right To Life Office, Restaurant, Home Health, Academy Reading Program, House/Office cleaning, Piano teacher, Wife/Mommy (the favorite)

Now wasn't the other list a bit more exciting?! :-)


  posted at 11:39 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the list - very nice. As for guesses about the next place you'll live, I'm guessing Ohio again - although that doesn't fit the pattern. You need to live in another state with only one name, then move back to Ohio. So, if you have to go with the pattern, I'll guess that you'll be moving to Pennsylvania - then Ohio.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Ohio... PLEASE let it be OHIO!
Love the police pict!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Tamra said...

Not quite as funny, but this one still made me smile. How can we ever forget those white nylons!!! You are funny Martha!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

White nylons rock! :) Enjoyed both lists immensely. The pics really spiced this one up. I wonder what we'll think about what we're wearing now in 10 years?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Know just what you mean, Sonja! There is a certain man in my life (We won't metion any names here.) that likes to tease me regarding hair styles and clothing choices displayed in my earlier days, and I try to remind him that I wasn't the only person doing that! Ten years from now I will probably gag at the crocs I wear on my feet. :-)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Anonymous, my parents would love it if I moved to PA!
And as for the arresting photo, a warrant had been issued for me, and the deputy was taking me to a bridal shower. :-) It was a funny idea.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same anon again, I live in PA, too - but I don't know you (personally, that is). As for the crocs - I wear them - think they're ugly, but don't care. They're so comfy. Mine are cotton candy pink - much more sedate and coordinatable (if that's a word) than the dark purple ones I wore last summer.

Enjoy Commencement week. Can you believe it's finally here?!! I guess you'll probably be getting lots of company.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Martha, you're hilarious! Love the poofy picture and the white pantyhose. (At least we got those things out of the way when we were all a lot skinnier--my light bulbs are a lot bigger now!)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Esther said...

When my kids look at pictures of me in twenty years, they probably won't be able to beleive I pulled my hair so straight back:)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jamie said...

I enjoyed your list!

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

One good thing, Esther - people do not usually laugh at pulled back hair, but we all make fun of big poofs. :-)

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Melanie C. said...

haha...My husband is always tightening lids OR cleaning a spill because I seem to have the same trouble as you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    a new era
    I'm baaaaaack!
    Priceless connection!
    When the cat's away,
    The little lad is
    Celebrating ~
    Metamorphosis of a. . .
    Has it really been a week?!
    Catching Your Eye ~ Part 3
    Concerned. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site