Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Has it really been a week?!
Sigh. . .That means my baby is one week older! :-(
Somebody, please slow the clock!!!
I am not very good at posting anymore, am I?! During the day I write numerous posts in my head, but they obviously do not make it in the archives. Too busy with homeschooling right now. And as I homeschool, the laundry continues to pile, dishes mount, meals need to be made, and diapers. . well, you gals know all about diapers! :-)
Today was a bit different, and we surprised Troy by showing up at the university to hear him sing. I had quite a time trying to get ready but not do enough to make him suspicious! The minute he shut the front door it was a blur of activity to get all of us dressed, hair combed, breakfast ready, car loaded and out the door in 45 minutes. We surprised him for sure, and I do believe he was glad to have us there. The campus was swarming with people (It's Bible conference week.), and we finally found a spot on the top level of the parking garage which gave me the opportunity to get a beautiful shot of my favorite fountain on the campus. I could sit for hours and gaze at that display of water.
Last Sunday marked a very special day as we had Silas dedicated. Here is the little guy in the white tuxedo that his older brothers also wore. Little tradition goin' on there. (He obviously still has no use for the camera.) The other tradition was that Seth and Ethan both "filled their pants" during their dedications, and thankfully Silas did not follow suit!
Our pastor read stirring lines concerning child rearing, and I would like to get a copy and post it later. Parenting is a special but sobering task if you take your responsibilities seriously! Silas did well until he leaned down, and the pastor's lapel mic fit neatly in his mouth! Which, of course, captured a lovely moan from the lad. Now if you know Ethan (Who now has entered the fake smile stage.) life is never dull around him. I had made it very clear that he was to walk up behind me when I went to the front. Carefully and slowly walk to the front. Carefully and slowly without knocking down any mics or equipment, etc! He obediently did that, and the command must have been embedded on his brain because I was a bit shocked to walk to the piano later in the service and see him trailing me to the bench! :-) Poor guy. I think he was a bit embarrassed.Well, as I have enjoyed this blogging moment, the house still needs a bit of straightening, a lesson waits to be planned for tomorrow, and for some reason the groceries still have not put themselves away! So, here I go to be a good housekeeper. . .
Check back soon, for my brain has been working overtime and dropped me into deep thought mode. I've had extra thoughts swirling around concerning personal legacies, the Easter holiday, homeschooling, motherhood, child rearing, making memories, gratefulness. . . (You're probably ready to run away now, right?! :-) I love to get feedback from other Christian moms (and dads) that are in the same place as I am. So many of you are a big encouragement and load me up with great ideas.
May the rest of your week be profitable!

  posted at 9:27 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Norma Gwen Watson said...

I understand! Life is so full and lovely, but sometimes I wish for less drama, LOL. Silas was a handsome little man Sunday night in his tux!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Andrew said...

I always enjoy your posts. They make my week a little brighter! I am with you on the kids growing up so fast and wanting to be a good parent and all. Sometimes it seems like no matter how hard we try the devil fights even harder to get us down. The enemy knows our weakness and wants to defeat us through those weaknesses but God is bigger and stronger, and thankfully has a lot of patience. I am thankful to be a mother but sometimes the duties of motherhood seem so overwhelming but thank the Lord I have Him to guide me through those rough times!! I don't know how people without God in their lives ever make it! Sorry about the long post, I just had to let my thoughts out. Have a great rest of the week and may your dishes be few, your laundry load lighter and your memories abundant! God Bless, Kayla Hughes

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger The Going Blog said...

I just LOVE your Pastor :-) I'm sure he has a copy of the dedication message he could give you. I asked for all 3 of our kids and they are in their scrapbooks. As my Daddy says "be sure to keep the saddle on top" Good day!

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger tacomom said...

I hope you are saving all your thoughts to Microsoft Word so you can copy and paste them into your blog sometime in the near future! Looking forward to reading them!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Hey, Martha! I had question for ya! The time is getting closer for me to think about homeschooling (I have done little books with Faith to keep her sharp and thinking, but she is is still 3). But, I was wondering if you use a curiculum, what type, etc. I am asking people questions, because our next income tax may be used for buying my material if I homeschool, which most likely I will. I want to make a wise decision in the schooling so that they get the best. Can you maybe do that post about homeschooling, and what you like about what you do sometime? It would be so helpful to me!
Love you all! Your baby is really growing! I am looking forward to getting Hope dedicated! It is always such a touching service, even when it is another person's child being dedicated. It makes me feel challenged to do my best!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Sorry about the spelling error there!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Angie D said...

Martha, Martha--your blogging is still one of the highlights of my week! I've decided that we should never apologize when we slack a bit on posting, because it means we're out there LIVING. :)

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

BJU looks like it has a very pretty, well-maintained campus. How nice that you could surprise Troy.
Also, it's interesting to see how much Silas looks like a combination of the older brothers. He is growing fast!

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

I am so glad you stop by, Kayla. Thank you for the kind comments!

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Nancy, yes, the campus is gorgeous! They believe in keeping things attractive as they strive to be pleasing to God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Catching Your Eye ~ Part 3
    Concerned. . .
    300th post,
    When the cat's away,
    Two new discoveries:
    "It's a. . .
    "When the weather fails you,
    A night at the. . .
    pErspECTive
    And yours?

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site