Saturday, March 08, 2008
When the cat's away,
the mice will:
1. Bake more than pumpkin pies (Which the Mama Mouse enjoyed 1 1/2 of herself!). They also made banana bread and chocolate chip cookie bars. Now the little mice were begging to eat the bread warm, and the Mama Mouse was so happy to oblige so they would not notice her consuming large amounts of cookie dough!
2. Stock up on lots of paper goods so there will be more fun and less work.
3. Drag out loads of scrapbooking materials and spread them all over Timbuktu (the kitchen table). And since the Cat is not there to eat, the Mama Mouse will make easy and interesting meals such as biscuits and apple slices. (The little mice loved it!)
4. Set up a Play Dough station in the kitchen where little mice can make a huge and continual mess for days. 5. For the first time in 13 years and for the entertainment of little mice, the Mama Mouse donned a pair of roller blades and brought much laughter to her brood (and a neighbor girl). The Mama Mouse was a bit apprehensive after making a quick call to her sister who owns the roller blades and was informed they had no brakes! To be cautious, she used a broom to help steady herself. (No, the Mama Mouse is not worried about what everyone is thinking of her, she is too busy making memories.) She really wanted Papa Cat's ski poles but was afraid she might make them look like twisty ties before she was done. (And she did not want to explain that to him!) Now Mama is tall for a mouse and with the blades, she reaches 6'. That was a loooong way for her to fall to a sitting position, and she was wishing she had strapped on a pillow. The other problem was getting up after a fall; her feet kept rolling out from under her! Despite the feeling of uncertainty and impending doom on wheels, aching backbone and concrete embedded paws, it was fun!
- Now the Cat is stuck in a Northern blizzard (Why can't these things happen when I live there?!), and despite the break in school and other duties, the Mama and little mice are looking forward to seeing the Cat again!


  posted at 7:21 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Oh Martha, I wish I could have SEEN you on the rollerblades! I'll bet the neighbors were pulling up lawn chairs. :) (Next time, maybe you could charge admission and sell some of the goodies...)

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Norma Gwen Watson said...

Where is the Cat? Did he have to go up north? They are having bad storms up there, and in Canada where my family live.

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Les said...

Hahahaha!!! I would have loved to have made memories with you, if only for the sake of laughing at you for years to come! I must say you are so brave to put on blades. I can't stand up on blades, I still need the 2 on 2 wheels.
We did make memories in the snow today. I'll post pics later for you. I'd much rather have your weather, and I know you want mine.
Also, it was so good to talk to you today. It's been too long!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Pumpkin pie is really good for you, so bake more! Don't worry about what's in the crust!!!!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

You are too funny! I can't skate or blade, and would probably need more than a broom to hold me up. I am sure your neighbors were rolling!
Sounds like you are having some yummy treats... I have been eating bread the past few days as though I was starving. I actually used frozen bread dough, let it rise twice (just a little the first time), and poured melted butter over it after it was through baking. It was sooo yummy, I can hardly stop! That pumpkin pie of yours looks wonderful now to me, but I have been gaining too much weight! Oh, well!

Where is the Cat? The blizzard here is over now, and it should be safe to drive if he is in this area!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so fortunate. Only skinny people like you would actually "brag" about eating a pie and a half in one day. Woe to the rest of us.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is sooooo true, anon. Only skinny people can eat like that and be skinny. I have a skinny friend who eats in the middle of the night! I on the other hand don't eat nearly the junk she does, and I'm not skinny. Shows that there is more to weight issues than just what one eats (and how much).

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Angie, can you believe the kids wanted me to rollerblade again?! Not happening again until I have rollerblades with brakes. Seth said I can roll into the grass like he does. (Easier said than done!) He does not understand the concept of "The bigger they are; the harder they fall!"

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Forgot to mention - Troy was in KY with the BJU chorale, and he made it home Sunday night. Yippee!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Anonymouses (Or is it "anonymi?" Hee. Hee. Not sure if there is a plural, so I created one!),
I totally agree with you on the weight thing, and I have felt very sorry for some of my friends in that area. I will never forget eating at a wedding rehearsal dinner where I loaded my plate while a large friend of mine put about three pieces of lettuce on hers. (Like everyone is really going to believe that's all she eats!) I do know that people would not blink at my plate, but if she had it, they would've snorted at her or something. Outside of the large amounts of pies that I consume every once in awhile, I am pretty careful in other areas. I realize that one day old age and pregnancies will catch up with me. :-(

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I've never even been on rollerblades. The last time I skated was eons ago and we had the skates that went over the tennis shoes and could expand as the foot grew. They had 4 wheels....You're definitely brave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Two new discoveries:
    "It's a. . .
    "When the weather fails you,
    A night at the. . .
    pErspECTive
    And yours?
    A Tale of Birthdays
    Monday humor
    It came and went,
    Big day!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site