Tuesday, February 12, 2008
A Tale of Birthdays
January is always a busy month at the castle with three birthdays filling the calendar. It was Ethan's turn to have a small party, so he chose Luke O. and family as his guests. His party theme was none other than "construction." The cake - "a road with cars on it." Once again I voted to attempt the challenge (Yes, that is a challenge for someone who is not a cake decorator! :-) and save the money, but I will spare the photo. Hee. Hee. It was at least tasty. (The icing was because I devoured a good bit of that.)
On January 25th, we found ourselves at Chuck E Cheese celebrating Seth's birthday. We were able to meet Troy there early in the afternoon which is a great time to avoid the noise and crowds. I groaned when we pulled in and saw three (Yes, I typed that correctly- 1-2-3!) daycare buses. Thankfully they left shortly after our arrival, so the day was still a success.


I am steadily rolling through this new decade as I reached 31 on the 29th. My birthday was a bit hectic since it was in the midst of preparing for Troy's recital, but he did send me the below pictured bouquet. My MIL was here and treated us to supper so I wouldn't have to cook. That always makes for a nice evening. I received some nice gifts and cash. Yippee. I am saving that for the mixer I mentioned earlier. I do believe there is a piano CD in someone's top right drawer. Hee. Hee. I hope to enjoy that soon when the very busy giver gets a memory jog when he opens the top right drawer. You know - the top right drawer of his dresser. The top right drawer that made me feel terrible when I shoved some papers in there and saw a piano CD. It's not like I spend my time browsing through top right drawers. Okay - you get my point. :-)
P.S. The spellcheck is not wokring agian! So, if youu see any typoes, pleasee excuse this tired woman who is not gettting alll the slep she should!


  posted at 9:12 PM  
  10 comments



10 Comments:
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Mom C said...

You are so hilarious!! But perhaps the piano CD is supposed to be your gift for V Day. Hope all is well and that you can get some much needed rest -- lots of love to all of you!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Martha, you crack me up! I wonder if anyone will think to look in the top right drawer now...

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jody J said...

Hope your birthdays were happy. You gotta stay out of those "top right drawers"!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger sarahmfry said...

I have such a love/hate relationsip with Chuck E Cheese. Mostly hate.

If it weren't for the kids....

So...did the top right drawer get opened on V day?

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger tacomom said...

And I thought we had it bad with a birthday 6 days before Christmas and one 18 days after! Wow! Happy Birthday to all of you and I hope the piano CD finds it way out of the TOP RIGHT DRAWER soon!!

 
At 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

January sounds as busy for you as August is for us. Dan, Mollie, and I have birthdays that month along with some close family members. I have a quick question for you. Have you read the book titled, "Ronald Reagan In Private" written by his executive assistant, Jim Kuhn? I know you're a huge fan and you might already have this. If not, I'll mail you a copy I picked up tonight at none other than the Dollar Tree! I was so excited! You were the first person that came to mind when I saw it.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Les said...

Glad everyone had nice birthdays. Joan had told me how well Troy's recital went. I wish I could have seen it!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Julie, I do not have that book but would love a copy! Thanks for thinking of me. I am putting together a collection of books to give to Silas since he is named after RR.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Oh, yes, I do have the CD now! :-) And a rather nice one it is, too! Only problem - the CD player suddenly quit working. Maybe I need to look in the top right drawer for another player.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Monday humor
    It came and went,
    Big day!
    Everybody now say, "Oops!"
    The little lad
    Monday humor
    I apologize, Mr. SC Weatherman!
    Basefootbasket ball
    Oh, what should I get???
    Me thinks

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site