Thursday, November 02, 2006
Sob, sniff. . .It finally happened!

And believe me, I sobbed when it did! You guessed it; I met a friend of Angie Davis' "Ted." Read on to hear my sad story. . .

It's late. I am supposed to be following Troy, and I am not totally sure of the destination. It's dark, and I have no clue where I am. Some nice driver whips around me, only to make a sudden stop and a right turn. Due to his kindness and wonderful driving, I lose sight of Troy. I, of course, begin to panic and label the driver something other than his real name. (At least I do not think it was his real name.) As I top a hill, I catch sight of Troy and zoom to get behind him. Lights start flashing, and my heart starts sinking! By the time he reached the window, I was in full blown tears. I tried to explain what happened, but he did not seem too interested. Poor Seth did not know what to think, and Ethan began asking if I had to go to jail. To sum it up, I was clocked at 54 in a 35. :-( He gave me a $75 ticket instead of $180 and only placed two points on my license instead of four. I cried all the way through his explaining, and now I wonder if he thought I was faking! Oh, well. . .my first ticket. Hopefully my last, too. Maybe in the morning I will think of some positive things. Right now, I am tired from all the crying.
By the way, Troy was really sweet and gave me a big hug. Thanks, Honey!

  posted at 11:54 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ted has been a very busy boy, I see! I must confess to cackling at your story since I must go today to pay my ticket. Just be glad yours was a tiny one. And from now on, I think we should both consider keeping donuts on the front seat for these kinds of emergencies...

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Angie,
The sad thing is that you could have bought a digital camera with your ticket money, and I could use my $75 to buy the paint and hardware to remodel my bedroom. :-( Oh, well. . .when the police dept. call me for a donation, I will tell them that I gave seven years worth of donations in one lump sum - thanks to an sympathetic officer!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Sorry. I forgot the '.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could brag that I have never had a speeding ticket, but then Scott would remind me that I've been cited for a wreck, which cost me 100 dollars and raised my insurance rates! It is really hard for me to imagine you crying thru the whole thing. Tell Troy to slow down and remember when you are following him he needs to wait up!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Meaghan goes to court next week for going 85 in a 65. She might lose her license, hopefully, it will teach her a lesson. She had no excuse.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Les,
Troy was not going too fast; it was the "other" driver that came to a stop. Your other comment cracked me up. You are quite the unsympathetic sister! :-)

 
At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually felt very bad for you. I hate driving at night in unfamiliar places, but I refuse to join the two of you in your little crime sprees!

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

I just noticed another typo - :-( I meant to say "unsympathetic" police officer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    50th day of school~11/1/06
    Ethan. . .dear Ethan
    Paint color voting time
    Eating your words
    Finished laundry room
    School outing
    Bummer!
    Introducing. . .the. . .
    Just for you, Leslie!
    Whew!!!!!!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site