Tuesday, October 17, 2006
And again. . .

Rain pattering on the roof. Bedroom nice and dark. Deliciously warm bed. Awesome sheets with a high thread count. Get up and return to the DMV!
This morning again found us at our new spot. (I have included a picture for your benefit.) I was amused at the letters that have been removed - Department of Public Safety. They would return those letters if they knew how many times I have left that place and returned to the road with expired tags. Not to disappoint you; today was no different. Just for your info - if your husband wants to include you on the title, he has to sign the places as a seller, and you become the buyer. (You have to work for the government for that one to make sense.) Believe me, I had this lady highlight, explain, repeat, explain, let me fill in spaces now, do some more explaining. . . If I could have connected with Troy today, I would have been willing to drive to BJU to get his signature. I am getting weary of this whole thing. Sigh!
On a different "note," last night, I left my windows "cracked" in the van. That is always a joy to discover in the morning when it is raining. I made a temporary seat of Walmart bags and towels. With the pouring rain, I also discovered it is a great day for hydroplaning! (My poor heart skipped a few beats on that one!)

  posted at 2:28 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Daughter-in law --

I DO work for the government -- And it doesn't make sense to ME either! What an absolute NIGHTMARE!! AND IT'S NOT OVER YET!!

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I'm sure your line-waiting, by now, has surpassed my limits!

You poor, poor woman. There are Hoosiers in Indiana (and I'm sure Buckeyes in Ohio) who are sympathizing with your pain.

Go get yourself a Turtle Caramel Nut sippable sundae from Steak n' Shake. That will make everything better.

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! It's the errand that just won't end!

 
At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Martha!!! It was so good to find your blog. Your boys are getting SO big. Ours are 2 and 7 months now. I'll keep checking back for pics and humor:-)

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Face it, you're addicted to the DMV! I know that you just like driving there EVERYDAY and letting Ethan taste different spots on the counter. Are you going for some new world's record on consecutive return trips to the DMV? Maybe if it was the BMV (as it is here) it would be different.

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S wishful thinking!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Les,
Thankfully the "licking counter" thing was short-lived! I was even brave enough to let Ethan sit in a chair while I stood in line. (I do not think anyone would try to snatch him.:-)
Carrie,
I did help myself to some chocolate candy! On Saturday, I think I might buy one of those big cookies with icing. They are stress busters to my taste buds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    The saga continues. . .
    Aww. . .make me cry again!
    Am I the only one?
    "Crashing Fat Bellies"
    Unnerving experience!!!!!
    Fun in school. . .
    Freshly painted kitchen!
    One of those days!
    My annoying computer!
    Homeschool room/ office

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site