Monday, October 09, 2006
Freshly painted kitchen!




This morning, I was finally able to get pictures to post, and they are not in the order I selected. I am just so thrilled to get them to appear that I am not even trying to rearrange. So, you get the honor of figuring out the scenario.
This, obviously, is my newly painted kitchen! I got so tired of the "institutional "color and decided to grit my teeth and grab a paintbrush. The good news is that it only took one coat of paint! The better news is that my neighbor is a painter and gave me Sherwin Williams paint for FREE!!! As for the painting, I had to do a little improvisation since I do not have a ladder. Here are a few tips you might need to know if you ever decide to stand on your fridge to paint:-) :
1. When getting down from the top of the fridge, do not place your hand on the freezer door; it flies open! Oops!
2. Your fridge can hold 150 lbs of body weight without caving or denting.
3. Do not use a swivel stool to get up and down from the fridge. It swivels under your weight! (How's that for logic?!)
I also had an interesting time standing on top of my piano bench which was on top of the dining room table. I tried to get all of that painted before Troy came home and stopped me from putting my bones in such jeopardy. It was worth it though! How do you think it looks? Can you believe I actually went neutral?! Deep down I really wanted red. I am being very good and not allowing myself to decorate until the white trim is painted. Hence the bland looking kitchen.

  posted at 11:22 AM  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the candle hoders on your bar, if I come to your house I am going to steal them. Even though they wont match my kitchen, cause its red.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BY THE WAY I MEANT HOLDERS LOL

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the color you painted the kitchen. Neutral is ok and much better that white. As you know my entire house is white and not by my choosing! Also thanks for the weight requirements for the fridge, now I know I will never be able to stand on top of it for fun. Did you ever hear of trying to borrow a ladder from your neighbor who is a painter? Now your brother has admitted he could be a thief and you need to keep your candles hidden!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

My dear little brother (or should I say "bother" :-), go to "Old Time Pottery" and get yourself some Mosaic candle holders for your own kitchen. I think they even have some red shades, and then mine won't be such a temptation. As for the ladder, I did not want to ask my neighbor for one because he offered to help paint when we got around to it. I was grateful enough for the free paint; I did not want to feel more indebted due to his help.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Les,
Word to the wise. . .I think your entire family should stay off the top of the fridge - including your almost four year old son. :-)

To the rest of the world,
My cousin (Les) grows football players in her household.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

I think the color is very pretty and red accents will look very nice!

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha...Keith led me to your website...I can't believe you're painting again and as I looked at the pics before reading your comments I said, "I can't believe it's not red!" Looks very nice though ... let us see the finished project. Miss you all around here!
Charlotte

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell: What is the name of your new color. It looks very nice. The old color looked nice too. :)

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

To the lady who asked for the color, I am sorry I have not responded. My neighbor gave it to me without me actually choosing it. So, I will dig it out of the closet and tell you soon. Have a great day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    One of those days!
    My annoying computer!
    Homeschool room/ office
    Tonto & Lone Ranger
    Make me cry!
    Kindergarten is done!
    My spot
    Art class
    Troy's birthday
    Chalkboard paint

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site