Friday, October 06, 2006
One of those days!
To all my faithful blog readers, (If I have any other than Troy's mom :-), I have so much to post, but since the pictures will not appear, I have no heart to do it. It does not surprise me that I have "blogging" problems. It has been one of those days! Actually, it has been one of those weeks - no, more like months! The printer quit working. Ethan told me he put his tiger in it, and that is why. (Didn't know he had one and couldn't find one in there. . .) The AC quit working in the van. (That would not be such a big deal if we had not just paid $250 in July to have it serviced.) I just realized that the beater bar (I think that is what it is called.) is not working on the vac, so I have the "privilege" of cleaning my house with just the hose. It's sorta like using a "Shop Vac" on your carpets and leaves your back in wonderful shape! (Yeah, right.) I am driving with expired tags on my van while we wait for a new title to arrive from OH. (I hope no policemen read this. If you do, I live in Timbuktu.) On Tuesday, I was driving through a green light, and a lady turned left and then saw me! Thankfully we both had good brakes and control of our cars and missed each other. The shattered back patio door is not repaired. (Yes, we will get to it before winter.) One of our tires has a nail in it, and we will have to get a new one soon. To top it off, I walked in my kitchen for a late night piece of toast and found a huge, whopping, massive, horrid (I still do not think I used enough adjectives!) nasty, gross, wicked, disgusting roach! (I shiver just to think of it!) He found his eternal resting place inside the bag of my vacuum!
So, as you can imagine, the lack of blog pictures is the least of my problems. Believe it or not, my optimistic side is still there although sometimes I have to convince it to "come forth!" Through each one of these obstacles, I am seeing a good side. Well, all except for the printer - can't think of anything positive about having a printer that does not work. Especially when you have to download forms and have no clue where you can print them. Most of all I praise God that the "other driver" who was in a bigger vehicle did not hit me. (She would have blasted into the driver's or Ethan's door. What fun to have a wrecked van with expired tags!) The weather is cooling, and I really do not need my AC in the van. We have not run the house's AC for a month!!! At least the hose on my vac works! This week I bought gas for $1.88 a gallon!!!! The leak in the tire is a slow one. God gave us wonderful neighbors that bring us so much joy. We have a great church to attend and lots of new friends. Since moving here and I am not teaching piano lessons and doing several cleaning jobs, we are scraping and barely keeping our noses above water - - yet God provided the money to pay all the bills last month. (That included a massive credit card bill which boasted the purchase of things like a lawn mower.) Ethan has not had any asthma issues lately which is a BIG relief! Due to Troy's graduate assistantship at BJU, he will not have any school debt when he is finished with this degree! Now that is huge!!!! Most importantly, I can sleep peacefully and not be afraid to meet God, and that makes all my other problems pale.
Returning to "earthly" subjects, Troy does not have to work at the pharmacy tomorrow (YIPPEE!!!), so he should be able to help me correct the "picture issue." I will try not to post all 3,482 pictures in one day. (Kidding! :-)
P.S. Forgot to mention another positive thing. . .Until the other night and since that time, I have not seen another roach in my clean kitchen!!!!!

  posted at 3:18 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

You've had a much more eventful week than mine. I'm very thankful MY week has been boring and uneventful. I will pray that your following weeks are hum-drum (and mine will remain that way!)

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try a can of fix a flat. We had a slow leak in one of our van tires (right after we had just bought 2 and couldn't afford to buy the other 2). Scott used that and it has been fine ever since.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I glanced to my left, there it was. This van, no doubt, illegal. Rowdy kids, physco women at the wheel, hair flying, (a/c must be broke), speeding, blinker on the whole time. Man, if I could of just had a place to put my doughnut, I would have scored big...I'll be watching.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sue said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Wow, I've had days and weeks like that before. It always helps me to know I'm not the only one. :) Hope things are getting better.

 
At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, be very thankful for your $1.88 gasoline! Here in Oregon the lowest I have seen it is $2.44 yesterday (10-09-06) at Costco...

I don't know you, but found you through Keith Waggoner's blog.

And may you continue to experience God's blessing through the ups and downs of life!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Thank you for the sweet comments, Ellen. It was very kind of you. It is always nice to meet new cyber friends. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    My annoying computer!
    Homeschool room/ office
    Tonto & Lone Ranger
    Make me cry!
    Kindergarten is done!
    My spot
    Art class
    Troy's birthday
    Chalkboard paint
    First duet

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site