Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Unnerving experience!!!!!

It was a normal Friday night at our home - Troy arriving late from the pharmacy. It was Friday, so I decided to let the boys stay awake and wrestle with Dad. Wrestling - a favorite pastime in this household. In fact, that is one of Seth's reasons as to why we should have more children - more to wrestle. Picture the scene - the weather cool ~ windows open. Mistake #1 if you plan to wrestle! They all had a great time yelling, laughing, joking, playing, and Ethan crying at one point because he was scared when Troy flipped him in the air. By 11 P.M., boys were ready for bed and enjoying a story when we had "company" at the door. To my astonishment, there was a policeman and another joined him shortly. They were here on a domestic call investigating a report of screaming children and wanted to know if everyone was okay. After my initial shock, I was worried, scared, upset and every other emotion you can imagine! The boys came to the door right away, and the policeman was able to chat with them. They told him they were wrestling - nothing more, nothing less. Troy having arrived at the door at this point, decided to take advantage of the situation and report something else that was going on in the neighborhood. While he was talking, Ethan (the one who chats to anyone about anything) pipes up, "My Daddy threw me up in the air and hurt me." I almost croaked! I quickly clapped my hand over his mouth and said, "Now be quiet, honey, Daddy is talking to the policeman." Thankfully I was the only one who heard him, otherwise I think the story might have ended differently. So, be careful when you are having family fun; it might be a shirttail crime!
I forgot to snap a picture of the policeman to include in this post. :-) Maybe I will remember next time. No, let's hope there is not a next time! What a way to ruin a perfectly good evening!

  posted at 8:02 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely horrible story!! I've often wondered about what our neighbors hear...the stories they could tell!!!!
Char

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are just thankful that we barely have neighbors. You know what they here from us and I probably would be hauled away!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha! So glad you have a blog. I've been wondering how you are doing. I loved this story. How hilarious even though I'm sure you were scared out of your mind. I loved seeing the pictures of your place. Looks great. I'm glad to find out that piano benches have other uses :-) Only you would be that brave. Take care!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Dorcas,
I was so happy to see your "comment." I have been thinking about you, too. Hope all is going well this school year. Miss you guys a lot and hope to see you in December!
One good thing has come out of this "ordeal;" if the kids get too loud with any noise I say, "Do you want another policeman at the door?!" (My mother would swoon at my handling of this!) It is very effective though. Hee. Hee. :-)

 
At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! What a great and scary story! And that's a wonderful tool to use to keep the noise level down. Maybe I'll use it on my boys ("Boys! I know someone that had the police come to their house because they were being too loud....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Fun in school. . .
    Freshly painted kitchen!
    One of those days!
    My annoying computer!
    Homeschool room/ office
    Tonto & Lone Ranger
    Make me cry!
    Kindergarten is done!
    My spot
    Art class

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site