It seems as though I have forgotten my own blog tradition this year. . . I had planned to write pleasant things about each member of this family on their birthday, and (embarrassingly enough) Troy's 32nd birthday was September 23rd! Seth wanted to know if I would be able to think of 32 things! Hmmm. . .boy of little faith! Troy could have turned 50, and I still would have been able to think of things! (Enter drum roll, please! :-) Here's the list:
1. Troy is a great communicator. (Big, big deal to me! We talk about everything.)
2. He cares about his appearance.
3. He is careful to consult me in decisions.
4. He is not a picky eater. (Makes my cooking life much easier
-especially since I am the picky one.)
5. Sets a good example by helping with the housework.
6. Irons all the Sunday clothes for me on Saturday evening.
7. Troy has helped me to develop a deep appreciation for good music.
8. Challenges me to come up with facts and reasons other than, "I feel like. . .".
9. Troy does not complain about the house/meals when I do not feel well.
10. He allows me to be myself. (My husband deserves a crown of gold just for that!)
11. He spends a lot of time playing with the boys.
12. Troy carefully weighs options about purchases and is not rash in making choices.
13. He will read instruction manuals/fine print and all the other papers I detest and tell me what I need to know.
14. He wants us to be protected. :-)
15. The boys enjoy spending time with him. (I think that is a good sign!)
16. He cares about his friends.
17. He is a talented song leader and is smooth on the platform.
18. Troy is easy to accompany, and I enjoy playing for him.
19. Troy is careful to pray with us as we begin each day.
20. He "tucks" the boys into bed and makes it a special time.
21. Troy is very committed to our boys being educated at home and keeps my priorities in line when I feel like quitting. My husband makes me feel very fulfilled in my role.
22. He listens to all of my complaints and "whining."
23. Troy is willing to do certain activities with the boys even though it wears on his patience. :-) (Gingerbread houses.)
24. He has never been too proud to apologize or take the blame.
25. He has a great voice.
26. Troy has stuck with his schooling even when the road was difficult.
27. This man has been willing to do any sort of job to support us while he is in school.
28. Troy likes to "dress up." (And he looks very handsome in a suit!)
29. If I am able to do something enjoyable for me, he will always keep the boys if possible.
30. He took a lot of time searching for a house here in VA, and he found one that I love!
31. Thankfully he doesn't mind my "weird" decorating styles. He even comes to like some of them. :-)
32. My honey gets me flowers, and I absolutely love flowers