Friday, October 16, 2009
Shame on me!
It seems as though I have forgotten my own blog tradition this year. . . I had planned to write pleasant things about each member of this family on their birthday, and (embarrassingly enough) Troy's 32nd birthday was September 23rd! Seth wanted to know if I would be able to think of 32 things! Hmmm. . .boy of little faith! Troy could have turned 50, and I still would have been able to think of things! (Enter drum roll, please! :-) Here's the list:
1. Troy is a great communicator. (Big, big deal to me! We talk about everything.)
2. He cares about his appearance.
3. He is careful to consult me in decisions.
4. He is not a picky eater. (Makes my cooking life much easier -especially since I am the picky one.)
5. Sets a good example by helping with the housework.
6. Irons all the Sunday clothes for me on Saturday evening.
7. Troy has helped me to develop a deep appreciation for good music.
8. Challenges me to come up with facts and reasons other than, "I feel like. . .".
9. Troy does not complain about the house/meals when I do not feel well.
10. He allows me to be myself. (My husband deserves a crown of gold just for that!)
11. He spends a lot of time playing with the boys.
12. Troy carefully weighs options about purchases and is not rash in making choices.
13. He will read instruction manuals/fine print and all the other papers I detest and tell me what I need to know.
14. He wants us to be protected. :-)
15. The boys enjoy spending time with him. (I think that is a good sign!)
16. He cares about his friends.
17. He is a talented song leader and is smooth on the platform.
18. Troy is easy to accompany, and I enjoy playing for him.
19. Troy is careful to pray with us as we begin each day.
20. He "tucks" the boys into bed and makes it a special time.
21. Troy is very committed to our boys being educated at home and keeps my priorities in line when I feel like quitting. My husband makes me feel very fulfilled in my role.
22. He listens to all of my complaints and "whining."
23. Troy is willing to do certain activities with the boys even though it wears on his patience. :-) (Gingerbread houses.)
24. He has never been too proud to apologize or take the blame.
25. He has a great voice.
26. Troy has stuck with his schooling even when the road was difficult.
27. This man has been willing to do any sort of job to support us while he is in school.
28. Troy likes to "dress up." (And he looks very handsome in a suit!)
29. If I am able to do something enjoyable for me, he will always keep the boys if possible.
30. He took a lot of time searching for a house here in VA, and he found one that I love!
31. Thankfully he doesn't mind my "weird" decorating styles. He even comes to like some of them. :-)

32. My honey gets me flowers, and I absolutely love flowers!

  posted at 4:21 PM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Mom C said...

Beautiful post honoring your husband, Martha; it was worth waiting for it. Love you all bunches!

 
At 2:01 AM, Blogger Mom C said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Rowana said...

Very cool, Martha.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Travis, Donna, Alyssa, Marissa, Trae said...

That so sweet!! Troy is a great guy!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

That looks like your son!! I just realized it was Troy! (the 1st pic, that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    The pond where Heaven began. . .
    World's Longest Blog Post!
    Flip flopping for a good cause!
    Life in the South - Part. . .1 1/2?
    Middle boy gets his dues.
    A "bunch" of those other things we have been doing.
    A very peaceful interruption ~
    Ahhhhhh. . .
    Lessons through tragedy
    How good the laughter felt!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site