Friday, August 15, 2008
For the love of. . .

mornings!

Yes, I actually typed that! My leaning has always been toward the end of the day, and consequently I was landed with the famous "Night Owl" label. After several months of rising in the 6:00-6:30 range, I do believe I have successfully banished that title! I knew it would be the only way I could survive motherhood and keep my sanity. (I do still have some, right?!)

I had forgotten how much work a sweet baby brings - especially when they are as fond of long, sit down meals as Silas is. :-) My life was drowning in coping after the baby was done eating. It wasn't like I turned over a new leaf just to have time to relax or do extras such as clean my baseboards. Nope! It was to get laundry/dishes/life-in-general done and be presentable by the time the kids hopped out of bed.

After setting my will, it was amazing how easy this new way has become, and how much I absolutely love mornings! I now enjoy hours of peace and soft background music, uninterrupted personal devotions, morning grooming with no stops, and I am so ready to see the kids when they greet the day (not to mention the loads of housework accomplished)! This morning alone after devotions, I was able to clean the fridge, do a HUGE pile of dishes, get the laundry started, sort through some papers, and a favorite ~ tend to my outside flowers. Doing the work on the morning end of the day, frees me up to be such a better Mom during homeschool and the rest of the hours left. Ahhhh. . .yes. . .so glad I made the switch!

Oh, and did I mention how lovely it is to be outside in the early morning when the cool breezes are blowing, a train whistle is in the air, the sun is peeking over the edge of the houses and casting a soft light on the landscape, and my Morning Glories are greeting me from the mailbox?! Ah. . .yes. . .why didn't I discover this sooner?

  posted at 12:02 PM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Ugh. I'm trying, Martha, but alas, I can hardly be separated from my pillow. I'm even going to bed early! However, I admire your ability to switch from owl to lark. I'm afraid I'm destined to a life of gliding noiselessly and "whooing."

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Julie Waggoner said...

I tend to get in a bad rut in the summer of sleeping later, but, since school has started it will be much better! I have always worked better in the morning---usually what I get done before noon is my best work for the day! The kids started back today and I'm anxious for the quiet mornings too!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Angie D said...

The early morning school routine is very good for me too. I'm not a morning person, but once I get back in the habit, it's a productive time. I love being dressed and having laundry started before I wake the munchkins.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Jody J said...

I'm not a morning person, but yes, during school I start liking them. Last year after the girls were gone to school I started painting my family room and had almost the whole room done before Kendrick woke up! I just wish I would do that all the time, but I'm a night owl naturally!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Lisa R said...

You're my hero, Martha! I guess I'll have to have kids before I see the need of valuing morning time (at least if it's as early as 6 a.m.). I'm glad you're enjoying it, though! My hat's off to you, oh bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed one!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I've been trying this out lately too, trying to get myself acustomed to it by the time school starts. It really amazing what all can be done before my kids get up at 8am, its great!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Well, I haven't quite gotten the will to get up early yet. I am trying very hard. :)

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When will you all be returning to Cincy?

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Anonymous, do you mean for a visit or to live?

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Ummmmm. . .I fell off the wagon this morning and slept until almost 7:30. I had a very rough/exhausting day yesterday that took its toll on me. :-)

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To live?

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Yup. My roots and family are there. As for visits, we usually come once a year in May.
Would you be so kind as to tell me who you are? :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Planet Earth still claims my being.
    Georgia & I
    My mind is made up!
    I.Want.To.Scream!
    Let the crying commence!
    Lamentations Chapter 1
    Revealing my soul. . .
    At this point in the room,
    Why do I have to be like this?!
    Tale of a Photo Shoot

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site