Monday, June 30, 2008
Tale of a Photo Shoot
Last month, Brenda Herring shared her expertise with us, and I found myself having to choose between some wonderful portraits. I do not recall ever being so happy with pictures of all of us. This particular one was especially created for my blog profile photo. We even managed to get the littlest lad smiling! (Sorry about the leveled cranium. I somehow did that with my scanner. I suppose I could fix it, but I am feeling a bit lazy right now. :-)

I love this one with the fingers in the mouth. It is so "baby." I also love the chubby legs and feet. Baby feet are a weakness of mine - especially curled up little toes. :-) They are one of the most adorable things on the planet! Brenda also snapped Seth's 2nd Grade photo. Sigh. . . Is he really that old?! Shocker of all shockers - he recently informed me that he misses school! I almost fell off the couch in disbelief.

Back to the photos, not only were we given some beautiful portraits, but we had a blast taking them! Aaron was especially hilarious as he went out of his way to get the attention of the babies who when crammed in one spot with 15 other people would rather pull hair, swing their legs, and drool. Thank you, Brenda and Aaron, for coming to IN, and thanks, Mom Castle, for paying all the fees and a "down payment" on our portraits. It is even more fun to choose photos when your MIL has partially paid for them. :-)

Enjoy the photos.

  posted at 8:23 AM  
  12 comments



12 Comments:
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Les said...

Great pictures!
I know it's hard to believe how old the kids are getting. I'm having an exceptionally hard time with Joshua's age this year. Going into the 7th grade doesn't seem possible.

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

So true, Les! It seems it was just yesterday that you and Paul were locking me in Granny's basement into the clutches of Maggie Grandma! How time flies! :-)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Love, love, love the family picture! She does a great job...I've seen her work on her blog!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Love the pictures!! That first one is SO good--I'm a fan of 'casual' pictures!!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

These pictures are so good! Brenda did a great job.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Oh, Martha, those are BEAUTIFUL! How I would LOVE to have ours done, but... ANYWAY, so glad you are alive... my schedule has been wild, too! I drank coffee again today, and you could guess it when I had already had devotions, a shower, started the washing machine, and was outside mowing my grass by about 8:30am! I have been working like a machine... just hope the cup of coffee doesn't hurt little Hope or get her too hyper! Keep in touch! Love ya!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Mom C said...

So glad you are well pleased with the portraits. You are most welcome for the "contributions" that made it more feasible for you to choose pictures. You know what a fanatic I am about family pictures since it is such a rare occasion to get ALL the family together! What a wonderful time we had! I'll will cherish the memories forever! Love you all bunches!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Norma Gwen Watson said...

That is a beautiful family picture!

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the pictures. Brenda did a phenomenal job; however she also had to have something to work with. :) Hope all are well.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger sarahmfry said...

That second baby pic says to me....touch my (toys/food/passie/whatever) and you DIE!

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger sarahmfry said...

Looks like far less stress than the marathon trips to Penney's we used to make! Nothing like capturing memories in the peacefulness of your own home.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Such neat pictures, the family one is such a cool, relaxed pose, those are the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    My moment to shine. . .
    Blog? What blog?
    Tale of a Trip
    1,481.6 miles later,
    Make. Me. Squeal!
    As of late,
    Picture Proof
    Tip of the day ~ Part 2
    Okay. Okay!
    a new era

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site