Friday, August 08, 2008
Planet Earth still claims my being.
Although I am sure you decided I left a long time ago. :-) As of late, my life (aside from the "normal" duties which are a full time load in themselves) has consisted of:
1. Watching the neighbors' quail chick and lizard. And just for the record - - I hate lizards, and think they are evil!!!!! They give me the creeps!!!!! I do not mind snakes but disdain lizards! Seth was quite fascinated to feed it live crickets, but I prefer to not see the food chain so up close and personal! Now the chick was cute and adorable. Well. . .except for the potty trail. I can barely handle that from anything! We had a scary moment when showing it to Silas and all the while talking in the famous baby voice, "Oh, wook at du widdle chick. He so coot!" Apparently the child decided to see for himself and grabbed it in a death grip which I had to pry open! It was a bit difficult as I was engulfed with laughter! :-) The poor "widdle" chick was traumatized and avoided us for a spell. By the way, lizard cages stink!
2. Picking, cleaning, and freezing more gallons of strawberries! 3. Pressure washing the house and trimming (And I mean trimming because some of them look naked.) the bushes in the front and removing the ones in the back.
4. Most exciting activity was putting in a shed (with the wonderful help of Paul Churchill)! The boys were eager to work at times.
5. Mulching and planting flowers, and don't my "mulched" arms look so attractive?! Never mind the ingredients of mulch!
6. We started a stream of company with the Meltons.
7. Seth's friend, Josh, stayed with us for a few days.
8. "Uncle David" and Jamie were here for a night. (I kindly refrained from sharing the charming picture of a pajama clad David and the boys wrestling and tickling. :-)
9. My sister, Joanna, topped it all off with an almost two week stay. 10. School commenced on August 7, and we officially have a boy in Kindergarten and a boy in 3rd. I decided to make a cake for the occasion, and I think it actually turned out a bit better than some of my other creations. In fact, it has inspired me to want to take some classes.

P.S. Never mind the freshly painted room! Three walls need to be sanded, and I am very disheartened about the whole process. I still need to write a letter to that company, too.

Now to go savor the extra icing. . .yum!

  posted at 8:15 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I really enjoyed your update and hearing all the things you've been up to! Mollie of course loved the picture of Seth holding the baby chick. She wanted to know if the diaper box was his home. :-) You did a great job on the cake. It looked too pretty to eat! Thanks for the nice comments you left me.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Constance said...

I had thought that you had dropped off of the face of earth. It is good to have you back. I enjoyed the update and all of the photos.

P.S. The cake looks very yummy! 8)

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Martha,
How I HAVE missed you! You did an awesome job on that cake! I started Faith in K4 and she is doing fantastic! I mix some of my own stuff in, and it has become a nice way for me to have a chance to play games with my children and teach them scriptures as well as the academic stuff, and it really doesn't take that long (I don't think little kids should have to sit many hours on end, so I like the way I am doing it, and even Charity gets envolved.)
I could hardly believe it when I read that you watched the critters! I have a hard time picturing that! How funny! I am sure your boys loved it!

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Lisa R said...

It looks like you all have been busy, busy people!! By the way, lizards don't bother me, but snakes are akin to the devil himself!!! Great job on the cake :-) And I'm a bit jealous of all the strawberries (although not of all the work it took for you to "put them up for the winter")!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger GraceAnne yeakley-bange said...

Hey Martha,

Thanx for the nice comments 'bout "Lady Olivia", she is our pride & joy. Baby Silas is gettin so big so quick, he looks like his daddy. Sounds like you have been busy lately, although who hasn't especially when u own a home. graceanne

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cake! And lizards are cool (as are snakes, Lisa). Not cuddly, but pretty cool.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Martha dear, we've missed you SO much this year!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Janette said...

You did a great job on the cake!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Georgia & I
    My mind is made up!
    I.Want.To.Scream!
    Let the crying commence!
    Lamentations Chapter 1
    Revealing my soul. . .
    At this point in the room,
    Why do I have to be like this?!
    Tale of a Photo Shoot
    My moment to shine. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site