My day must have been going a little too well! With company coming tonight, I was right on track - house is ready, food is almost done, getting ready to work on the centerpiece, kids were quietly resting, and I had even had the time to take a power nap!
And then it happened - -
After blowing out a candle, I accidentally knocked it over and spilled hot wax all over my piano! Yes, me - the one who wouldn't let the President himself set a glass on my piano, sent hot wax all over the poor instrument. (BTW, the candle was on a ledge in the kitchen - not on the piano.)
I do not know if the piano still works; I have not had the nerve to push the ON button. I think I will wait until my company leaves. No sense in them having to suffer my drama with me! If it doesn't, I think I will have the hardest cry I've had since. . .well. . .since my Grandma died four years ago. After all, this would be like losing one of my best friends! You pianists can understand, I am sure!