Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Long awaited photo
(Did you think it was going to be the one of you, Les?! I have a "lovely" snapshot of my cousin, Les, that I am debating if I should post. Since she does not have a blog of her own, I thought everyone would like to put a face with the name. Hmmm. . .Still deciding. Carrie might really like to see a picture of her. :-)
Here it is - my "hands free set."
This phone is cheap and old (Got it on eBay before the problems began.), but it is the replacement for the nice one I lost in the rain in some SC parking lot. When it came to getting another one, I was not picky. I do not claim to be a phone connoisseur, nor do I feel my identity is wrapped in a small gadget. My only request is that it be a flip phone. Oh, yes, the other request is a hands free set. Sorry. Not this one. Now we have a problem! I cannot bear holding the phone with one hand and working with the other, and you can imagine the neck disorder I would induce if I tried to hold the phone between my neck and shoulder! So, the logical option was to tie the phone to my head! Thankfully my "free minutes" are in the evening because my hair is quite a sight when I remove the thing. I also have to be careful about it sliding out and falling into different forms of water as I am cleaning the house!
The above picture was taken by an almost thirty year old male in this household. I was chatting with a sister, busy working on the dishes, and there he was! For those of you who have been dying to see this contraption, he has granted the request and snapped a picture of my very own hands free set!

  posted at 8:40 AM  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did think it was my photo! At least your hands free set doesn't cause the echos mine does!

After the superbowl I have no pride left and would speak to you again if my lovely photo found its way to your blog.

My mom says hi!

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Hmmm... Very high tech: I must consider this as an alternative to the shoulder scrunch. I'm going to look like Igor pretty soon!

 
At 9:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you mean by "Got it on eBay before the problems began"? Am I behind the times? :)
-Janice

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! That's hilarious! How innovative--I would've never thought of tying my phone to my head!

Yes, actually, I would like to see the picture of Les. :)

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Char said...

You are one crazy girl! A genius when it comes to creativity...I would never have thought of it...phone conversations for me mean all works ceases and I begin this strange wondering path throughout which ever floor I happen to be on. I could get a lot more work done your way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Weekend wrap-up
    In keeping with tradition. . .
    Anonymous
    Button/frame project
    Total Shock!!!!!!
    Birthday treasures
    Really - I'm not posting!
    Finally here. . .
    My other growing boy
    Seth's Birthday Celebration

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site