Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Inspiration and frustration!
Weekend project. I spotted this on an old wall hanging and did my own version to fit the boys' bathroom. Be sure to maximize so you can view it better. I used paint (trying to give it a denim look) and poly on the frame and wrote with my left hand to give it the appearance of a child's handwriting.
I wrapped a few gifts to add to the boys' excitement. Once he spotted them, Ethan was thrilled and awarded me with the biggest hug. He will sit by the tree and gaze longingly at them. It is so cute.
Evening view of the trees.
Recently I was hit with a living room curtain inspiration!! The problem arose when I decided to hang curtain rods. Grrrr! Never mind the details!! I will admit that I attacked one of the nails with enough force to scare Goliath! You know how that is supposed to be a 15 minute project? Not here!!! It has turned out to be a second day project. Grrrr~again!
I have also been hit with some inspiration using two old, falling to pieces picture frames and French calligraphy wallpaper! You are "wondering" aren't you?:-) I can sense it. I think that at least "Martha Stewart" and maybe Carrie will enjoy the end result.
Thank you for all the kind tree comments and emails. I do love decorating them after the "inspiration" arrives.
Oh, yes, "Plum_flummoxed" was correct; the window will be turned into a picture frame. It has currently been brushed with paint and poly, and is awaiting its contents. Pictures promised after completion!
Well. . .my "touch up" paint is probably dry, so I am back to the curtains. . .

  posted at 2:51 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, Martha, you really need a hobby to occupy your free time. :)

 
At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I DO love the picture. You know that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?? Well, maybe someday. I don't have as much free time as you do! ;) j/k

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you just make a plastic canvas plaque on the bathroom wall instead of painting that picture? Then you could've made a toothbrush holder, tissue box cover, extra toilet paper cover,soap dish,shower curtain hooks, fly swatter,trash can,candle holders, clothes hamper, and a cover for the soap dispenser to match.

 
At 1:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha Stewart is cracking me up!!! I really love all you've done and maybe sometime I can bring my whole crew and stay with you and see it in person! (Troy may want to take a small vacation at that time). As far as the picture is concerned, I cannot write that well with my left hand!

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot that I must admit to being envious! I can't leave presents under the tree, Aaron opens them. They cannot go out until they are in bed Christmas Eve, and then no other gifts except the kids can go under.

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog...and understand your frustrations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    2006 Christmas Tree
    Meantime at the castle. . .
    Sneak peek. . .
    Getting caught up . . .just in time to
    Thanksgiving Treat Recipe
    Have you hugged your. . .
    The gingerbread house
    It's beginning to look. . .
    Good bye, Fall. . .
    Thanksgiving ~ Part 2

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site