Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Getting caught up . . .just in time to
disappear. - - -POOF!- - -
Yes, my life is calling for another hiatus. There are a few housing projects, musical pieces and homemade Christmas gifts that truly need my attention. I am going to try very hard to be disciplined and not blog or even read blogs for a few days. Ouch! I am feeling the pain. I so love to blog and read the anecdotes of my friends. . . Upon my return, I hope to discover that Connor and Les' Jared or Carrie's Jared have some wonderful tales for me! :-)
We finally have hot water again, and "Ma Kettle" has put her hat on the shelf. (FYI - Get with someone who knows how and flush your water heater at least once a year!) I was just chatting with Troy. . .It's funny how we did not have the money to go away to a cabin this Christmas, but we now have to figure out how to pay $500+ for the appliance and installation. That's life for you. . .Sigh.
I paid my ticket today. (I feel your sympathy, Angie. Sniff. Sniff.) I am still smarting from this chapter in my history! At least I should not have to hear anymore "Mommy, are you sad about the ticket?" "Mommy, do you wish you did not have to pay the money?" "Mommy, will you be sad about this your whole life?" "Yes, yes, yes, Seth." "When will you stop being sad about it?" "Not until Heaven, dear."
We have relished our decorating this season, and I have got to tell you that I love my tree. It is definitely my favorite!!! Yes, I am one of those "two tree people." (I hope that doesn't sound weird like a "one-eyed" person or something!) I want the kids to have one they can decorate, but I also enjoy a stylish one. The problem is that I have always used red, gold, pink, and cream, but those colors were not flying next to the brown walls. I decided to allow myself $5 to add brown and teal in the mix and ditch the red and pink. I actually accomplished it closer to $6. I made paper stars, bought nine little teal balls and bought $1/yard material, and haphazardly snipped a garland. So (drum roll now), we have a brown, teal, cream (Sorry it does not show.), gold and sage colored tree, and I cannot quit gazing it at it. The garland is what made it come alive. I actually think it is as pretty without the lights shining. I am going to be mean and give you a sample peek followed be a better one later.
The boys are still acting like boys. After watching the Miracle Worker, I now have "blind Helen" walking around the house. Every once in awhile "Anne Sullivan" shows up to do a little teaching. At least we have only had "Crashing Fat Bellies" once in the last month. Ethan was trying to play it with me, and it was more like "Crashing Mommy's Legs." That turned out to be rather boring to him, so he shoved the bear in my shirt and gave me "a baby in my belly." :-) Those dear imaginations!
Have a wonderful week. I will return.

  posted at 7:37 PM  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Thanksgiving Treat Recipe
    Have you hugged your. . .
    The gingerbread house
    It's beginning to look. . .
    Good bye, Fall. . .
    Thanksgiving ~ Part 2
    Pictures ~ Part 1
    Thanksgiving ~ Part 1
    Christmas sale at the castle
    New photos

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site