Monday, December 11, 2006
Another weekend project. Years ago, I found this print stashed in my grandmother's basement, but she kindly gave it to me. It used to be framed in gold/blue. I painted it with my new living room colors, and "ta da" ~ here is my new piece of art!
Next project was three windows (1 dining room, 2 living room). Okay, these are not my style or desire, but I am determined not to spend a lot of money on a house where I will not live very long!!! These valances were made from my other living room curtains (Look at Sept. posts for Cincinnati apartment), and the great thing is that the material is tubular! So, all I did was flip them sideways and run a rod through the top. They do look nice next to the dining room drapes, so I will not complain. With the price of $0.00 for them, I will not complain about that either!
BJU Christmas tree lighting ~ We attended this on Dec 1, and it was a nice family outing. I have included a before/after shot, but they are not very good. (Sorry.)
It looked so beautiful once the millions of light began to twinkle. There was a big crowd (100,000 attended last year!), and we enjoyed beautiful Christmas music. We went away with Ethan singing, "We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new week."
Christmas project. Here is a sample page of the scrapbook calendar for my grandmother. I did very simple layouts to this, but it was still fun. I can tend to spend an hour per scrapbook page, so I behaved and kept it simple. (Besides the fact I was also making one for my dad, and I had to multiply every process!)
Whew!!!! What a busy and wonderful time! After the cantata performance next Sunday, my life will slow a little. Oh, yes, Sunday morning is the Christmas program with Ethan in attendance. Let's hope and pray he has no paybacks for me.
I remember all too well my first Christmas program. Being a young one, I was in the front row. As the program began to roll, I promptly put an index finger in either side of my mouth, stretched it out as far as possible and began moving my tongue in and out like a snake!!!! My poor mother was in the audience frantically shaking her head and mouthing, "No." I remember thinking she was making a big deal out of nothing! :-) I now believe that God let me keep that memory so I will have patience with Ethan!!!
Last Friday, Seth and I attended our first opera. Thankfully it was in English so I had a clue what was happening. We had a great time with Troy, and he favored us with wonderful seats. Seth's favorite part was when some guys whipped out real swords, and, of course, the sound of steel was thrilling. Poor boy~he needed to live in the days of knights and horses. He has "Robin Hood" written all over him.
Best news, my house is almost finished!!!!!!!!!! Troy said he would help me with the rest of the painting!!! (Can you hear me screaming?!) My goal is to have any wall that will be painted~actually painted, all white trim completed, every curtain hanging, every picture on the wall. . . before the new year. I think it is going to happen!!

  posted at 1:18 PM  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will expect you at my place on January 3rd!

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha, you amaze, and yet terrify, me. *nervous*

You're so talented, ma. What a blessing!

But, seriously, sometimes you get scary. *grin*

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...the BJU Christmas lighting. That was an annual event for us. Every year there are more lights and the excitement is hard to contain. My last year was 2004 when they broke the Guinness Book of World Records for carolers. It was great fun to be a part! Our first year my 17-year-old son was 18 months. All he could say was "Wow, Wow, Wow!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    The architect side of me
    Inspiration and frustration!
    2006 Christmas Tree
    Meantime at the castle. . .
    Sneak peek. . .
    Getting caught up . . .just in time to
    Thanksgiving Treat Recipe
    Have you hugged your. . .
    The gingerbread house
    It's beginning to look. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site