Tuesday, January 19, 2010
'Twas the weeks before Christmas
And all through the house,
My nausea was raging,
So I felt like a louse!
And I will stop the poetry (or attempt) for your sake! :-) This was by far my roughest Christmas season since nausea is no respecter of persons! The kiddos had a great time though, and that is more important to me. It can be a bit difficult to be festive when food smells send you running, and life itself sends you gagging! May I never again be sick the month of Christmas!!!!!!!!

The boys assembled their own tree and decorated it. What a relief and bit of sadness as it was another step of independence on their part.
And what's Christmas without some extra giving?! The boys worked and saved money to fill several packages for Operation Christmas Child. It was such a delight to watch them choose and pack little gifts for an unknown needy child. I hope they never lose that thrill!
And Christmas isn't Christmas without some crafts.
Never mind the gingerbread house; I scaled down to a tree. :-) I was also so nauseated I couldn't bear to taste the icing. (May we all pause to gasp!)
Mid December brought the opportunity to pull out the Zofran and head to SC where Troy was the bass soloist in Bob Jones University's Messiah production. What fun to reconnect with old friends and visit old places!
Backstage with the "performer" in his dressing room.
Dr. Warren Cook - Conductor.
The boys never tired of the game room where they spent hours playing pool
and ping pong.
Spending the day with a best friend - Josh.
More catching up with our old neighbors - the Russos.
Christmas Eve found us at my parents' house three hours away in PA. And what is Christmas Eve without games?! I was able to play Blokus for the first time - - - - - and loooved it!
Just had to wrap Grandpa's gift certificate in the biggest box from the attic. :-)

Christmas Day at home!!!!! Ahhh. . .I love to wake up in my own bed on that holiday! We had a special time together as a family! Gifts. Games. Food. Movies. Memories. All the makings of a good day!

And what's Christmas without snow?! Boy, did I ever get it, too. The land was so beautiful!!!! We were some of the fortunate ones that got around 20+ inches! (Can you feel my grin?! :-) I have not seen this much snow since my SD days. Snow is good for nausea, too. At least mine! :-)


And for some reason there are a few little boys that believe
hot cocoa and snow go hand in hand.
And what's snow and hot cocoa without freshly baked sugar cookies?!

My Narnia - without the lamppost. . .


  posted at 9:53 PM  
  6 comments



6 Comments:
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Angie D said...

Happy birthday, Martha! Hope your day is nausea free--at least long enough for you to enjoy some icing... :o)

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Enjoyed the update-glad y'all had a nice Christmas season. I'm happy for you that VA got snow but thrilled that NC did not!:) I don't miss it a bit-we are enjoying the southern winters!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

This looks like you had a grand Christmas, in spite of feeling sick. Glad you're better now.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Mom C said...

Thank you for the lovely post, Martha. Glad you're feeling up to doing a little of this now. You KNOW I live for blog posts from my family. Really enjoyed all the pics! Hugs to all of you!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Janette said...

Loved all the pictures and update. It was great to see you and your family as well this year! Looks like your boys had a blast in the tons of snow!

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

You, not being able to eat icing!?! That must be some serious nausua!!! I hope get to feeling better really soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Nausea + blog = ick!
    Same song, 4th verse.
    Only 21 days late this time.
    Long awaited house pictures
    39 pics for the M-I-L!
    Shame on me!
    The pond where Heaven began. . .
    World's Longest Blog Post!
    Flip flopping for a good cause!
    Life in the South - Part. . .1 1/2?

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site