Sunday, September 12, 2010
Tale of a new prince. . .
Yes, that new little prince that is not so new and little anymore. He is just new to you since his mother has almost disappeared from the blogosphere! Wow! I had no clue four children could keep one so busy, and the continual stopping to feed a little one takes time away from my other duties. So when push comes to shove, the laundry and meals tend to come before blogging. :-) (A fact that makes my family thankful!) On the other hand, I will be in trouble when I finally sit down to create scrapbooks and photo albums since I will have forgotten all the little details of this busy time. I think I am finally getting our new family setting in place and hope to blog a bit more. Oh, and finding that little thingamajig that transfers the pics to the computer might help. . .
Back to the prince. . .I had some pretty rough days before he officially joined the castle. I will refrain from all of the miserable details, but let's just say that I was close to being immobile. Not fun or practical when you have three other munchkins. I was so thankful for a husband that came home and tried to make up for my slack. Seth and Ethan were also lifesavers with all the babysitting of Silas, housework, and simple meals they made. I was also very blessed by neighbors and
friends such as Heather who brought meals to us!
And chocolate!!!!!!.
For all of you who love the "belly shots," enjoy this painful memory of me. . . There I am - all 180 pounds of me! Joanna took this a day before the C-section, and I could hardly do anything but gulp for air and groan at this point! Leading up to Elliott's birth, I was again filled with fear/anticipation/relief. I have never gotten used to surgeries!!!!
I could hardly sleep the night before and was delayed at the hospital. Do you know how awful it is to make a VERY pregnant woman fast and then tell her she has to wait a few more hours all the shile she is realizing that because of a C-section it will be DAYS before she gets solid food?! In retaliation, I chewed gum. I would've downed a drink if anything I liked was close.
As for the above picture. . .I think it is hilarious! We were waiting to go into the operationg room, and I was shivering with cold and nervousness. The nurse snapped this for us, and I thought maybe we should make a Christmas card out of it. :-)

At last I got to get a glimpse of the new guy!!!! Just for the record, I wanted another boy. I did not want the total shift in life that a girl would bring. Besides, I think we're getting the boy thing down pat, why throw in a girl?! :-)
As for his name, we thought it would be neat to have two "S" names and two "E" names. As a result we chose Elliott James - named in honor of Jim Elliot. Our hope is that our Elliott will live with a dedication to God as strong as that of Jim Elliot.

First meeting of the new brother.
First snapshot with Mom and Dad.
Hmmmm. . .someone was caught testing his brother's pacifier.

Meeting Grandpa Sampson for the first time.


  posted at 6:38 PM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

He's beautiful! I understand the busyness--I have only 2 boys and not enough hours in the day. I still need to send your package before the little critter outgrows it!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger sherryldickinson said...

Thank you, Martha, for making time to edit this post. It is a very sweet story of your recent happenings with Elliot James (and brothers).
Love,
Sherry in Phoenix

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Ah-h-h -- at last -- a blog post from my children in Virginia! And I'll be there in two more days! Can hardly wait! Hugs to all of you! - Mom & Grandma C

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Martha,
Enjoyed catching up on your blog.
Hope to see more soon!
Love to all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Okaaaaaaay?
    Glimpse of the new prince. . .
    It's...a(nother)...
    "Twas the last post before baby. . .
    Little House in the Big Woods
    The post that never happened.
    February gone?!
    The dutiful bday post!
    Use the camera, Woman!
    'Twas the weeks before Christmas

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site