I will indulge you, Dear Readers
, with these long awaited photos. (Taken by Seth.) In the top one I was still attempting to look civil after a night of tossing and turning. This new "form" of mine does prevent me from my normal nighttime crashing!
Now for all who have been kind and called, asked or emailed as to my condition, I will give a little update. . .
~I am 31 weeks pregnant.
~I am about to reach the heaviest weight I have ever been in my entire life. :-)
~The nausea has been gone for weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~The nausea has been replaced with things like sleeplessness, irritability (messed up hormones), heartburn, indigestion, extreme pain in the lower body, headaches, abdominal muscle pain, lower back aches, HUGE appetite :-), very tired legs, bouts of dizziness and shortness of breath, and spells of weakness. (I think that covers all of them. Ha)
~The baby is moving down. A bit obvious in the way my clothes are fitting, and I went from feeling like I was smothering to thinking my pelvic bones are going to shatter any day now.
~The baby is quite active and lets me know that it does not like some of my attempted sleeping positions.
~My lower body pain is so severe that at times, I cannot walk. It also is a chore to reach down and pick up something that is on the floor. Now, I do not know if I suddenly have butterfingers, but it seems like I am dropping a good deal of things these days. And when you are as tall as I am, the floor is a loooooong distance from your hand. (Especially when there is a big obstacle in the way!)
~On a more positive note, there are some things for which I am very thankful:
1. The heartburn has started to subside. (I believe that is due to prayers of kind people.)
2. At least my legs and feet do not swell.
3. My hormones go wacky during pregnancy and not during the rest of my unpregnated life. (Troy is thankful for that, too! Hee. Hee.)
4. I have a God who smiles on being fruitful and multiplying.
5. I have a wonderful and understanding husband!
6. I have two little boys who are HUGE helps to their mommy!
7. My family has been buying loads of things for me since I got rid of 95% of my baby stuff before my move to SC.
8. I have lots of friends and fellow bloggers who bring me cheer.
9. Thanks to Troy's recent requesting of prayer for me, there are many people praying for me, and I can feel a physical difference.
10. I love big and chubby babies and have a feeling this one falls into that category! (We have had a 9 lbs 13oz and a 9lbs 5 oz.)
I dearly love babies and can't wait to hold this one,
but I am still terrified of delivering babies and the recovery!!!!!