Friday, April 13, 2007
Have faith, not worries!
This morning as I browsed my previous post, I had to chuckle, for my beginning sentences probably gave the idea I am a "worrier." :-) In all reality, I do not think I am. I was addressing womankind in general because we tend to worry more than our male counterpart.
Since we are "on this subject," I will tell my main worries, and maybe you can let me know if I am crazy.
1. Due to news headlines and the slipping morality of our nation, I sometimes worry over the world in which my children will have to live. What's amusing is that my Mother said she had the same worry thirty plus years ago when she started having children! I do my best to trust God and ask His help to raise my sons "for such a time as this."
2. I try to shield my boys from emotional hurts at such young ages. Ever notice how some of your deepest hurts came from cruel words when you were in formative years?
3. Don't laugh at this one - I worry about the food we will be served at people's houses. :-) I am very picky!!! I can handle normal meals with seasonings, trimmings, etc, but when they start whipping out things from deep in the ocean or from a far away continent - I am terrified!!!
4. I sometimes worry about Ethan's asthma. There are many children with physical conditions much worse, but breathing is essential to living. When I hold a gasping and heaving child in my lap, I always hope for a good outcome!
5. Shocker here - sometimes I worry about the finances. For new readers, the reason we moved to this "far, far away land of SC," was because Troy was awarded a graduate assistantship that covered his entire grad school bill. Some of you can realize how huge that is! Due to a move and my leaving all my piano students and cleaning jobs, our income has changed a bit, but we both agreed that we would rather not have tens of thousands of dollars looming over our heads for years to come. Well, during this time, God has been stretching my faith and teaching me so many things. Just this week, I was able to see God work again! I could not make it to my cleaning job and was frustrated because we really needed the money. God already knew, of course, and Troy came home from BJU with an anonymous monetary gift that was the exact amount I would have made cleaning!
No wonder He tells us to have faith as little children!

  posted at 10:26 AM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Outside of the asthma and the exotic foods (which I love), I guess we must stay awake at night over some of the same things. Have you noticed that worrying doesn't help any of those things at all?

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Like you, I often fear what the world will be like when Mollie and Bryce are adults. I also have a fear of my children being taken from me like at a shopping mall or even from our front porch! Your story about getting the same amount of money in a gift as you would have made at your house cleaning job was amazing! I'm sure that was encouraging for you.

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the "germ" worry?

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Martha, PRAISE GOD for your answer to prayer! That is awesome! I know it's EASY to worry when we have no clue of the outcome, but I'm learning to TRUST GOD IN EVERYTHING! (Even when the kids and I are alone in Colombia, and Phillip is in Ecuador trying to change our tourist visas to religious visas...a thing we have been TRYING TO DO FOR 10 MONTHS NOW!) God loves us more than we can even fathom, and HE JOYS IN ANSWERING OUR PRAYERS! "According to your faith, so be it unto you."
I'm trying to learn to LEAN on Him more each day. =)
Love, Heather

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Les said...

I completely understand wanting to keep your kids safe from all the things in this world, and especially the emotional trauma. I was so tortured by my weight by other kids, and kids are so cruel. It breaks my heart when Joshua comes home being picked on, and Andrew has been called fat since kindergarten. I'm so afraid of what kids will say to Aaron, especially since adults are already rude. If you must worry about anything, Ethan breathing would be justified. It is essential to living, however, God is in control!

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

#4 Like Julie, I often worry about someone snatching my kids in the mall, parking lot, etc. It's hard for me to relax when we're running errands for that reason.

#3 I also worry about the day my kids grow up and leave home. I love being a mother (98% of the time! LOL)

#2 I worry that my heart won't allow me to live as long as I would like.

And my #1 worry...what if my kids don't grow up to serve the Lord.

So there you have it!!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on #3. I feel so immature about that one! I'm so glad to find someone else with the same worry! Thanks for the uplift. :-)
Jody Johnson

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

As for the "germ" worry, I am learning that with enough hand washing, hand santizer, healthy eating and good vitamins, we avoid a lot of things. :-)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Les,
I don't think I ever "picked" on you. I might have whacked you with a stick or two, but I never uttered mean words! :-)
You know what's funny - I also got picked on for my weight! I used to HATE being called "skinny." "Slender" is much more attractive sounding! When I look back, it often was the heavier girls that called me that, but you don't notice when you are only seven.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Les said...

I know that you only beat on me! I wasn't referring to you, kids at school were horrible!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Greg & Stephanie said...

Congrats on the scholarship! I'm pretty fortunate, as well. I signed up for my next grad class a couple of days ago, and when I printed my receipt, I was reminded of God's goodness to me. 3 credit hours runs $1,155.00. One class. With other fees, my bill would have been $1,395.00. After scholarships, I put $99 on my credit card, and the bill is paid! My school actually will cover the $99 plus my books, so my out-of-pocket is $0. It's the only way I could fulfill this dream, cause I certain didn't have an extra $15,000 lying around the house!
We'll miss seeing you guys at IHC this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Worries, worries, worries
    Countdown time!
    Phooey on. . .
    Question of the day -
    Like him. Like him. Like him.
    "It's nothing to sneeze at."
    Introducing. . .
    Blogically Challenged
    The Tale That Took A Twist
    Activities at the castle. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site