Since we are "on this subject," I will tell my main worries, and maybe you can let me know if I am crazy.
1. Due to news headlines and the slipping morality of our nation, I sometimes worry over the world in which my children will have to live. What's amusing is that my Mother said she had the same worry thirty plus years ago when she started having children! I do my best to trust God and ask His help to raise my sons "for such a time as this."
2. I try to shield my boys from emotional hurts at such young ages. Ever notice how some of your deepest hurts came from cruel words when you were in formative years?
3. Don't laugh at this one - I worry about the food we will be served at people's houses. :-) I am very picky!!! I can handle normal meals with seasonings, trimmings, etc, but when they start whipping out things from deep in the ocean or from a far away continent - I am terrified!!!
4. I sometimes worry about Ethan's asthma. There are many children with physical conditions much worse, but breathing is essential to living. When I hold a gasping and heaving child in my lap, I always hope for a good outcome!
5. Shocker here - sometimes I worry about the finances. For new readers, the reason we moved to this "far, far away land of SC," was because Troy was awarded a graduate assistantship that covered his entire grad school bill. Some of you can realize how huge that is! Due to a move and my leaving all my piano students and cleaning jobs, our income has changed a bit, but we both agreed that we would rather not have tens of thousands of dollars looming over our heads for years to come. Well, during this time, God has been stretching my faith and teaching me so many things. Just this week, I was able to see God work again! I could not make it to my cleaning job and was frustrated because we really needed the money. God already knew, of course, and Troy came home from BJU with an anonymous monetary gift that was the exact amount I would have made cleaning!