Monday, April 02, 2007
Blogically Challenged


Yup. That's how I am feeling right now. I have lurked in that area for several days. . . Maybe it's because each time I sit to blog, I think of all the work I need to do. Who knows, but I am officially blogically challenged right now!!!!!

Before I head off to work on my house, let me share a few funnies that happened. . .

Recently, my younger sister, Joanna, was cleaning a person's home when she discovered some lovely dog droppings on the floor. Now, I do a lot for folks, but it stops at cleaning up after animals! Well, she, being afraid they might be upset if she left it there, pulled her shirt over her nose and cleaned away. The only problem was that the smell still reached her nose, and she threw up inside of her shirt!!! Have you ever heard of such a thing?! I laughed sooo hard. I know I shouldn't have, but it was too funny!

Last week during my yard work, I found one of my sons eating leaves!!! You can imagine how appalled I was! "Oh, these are good," he replied and munched on another. The practice came to a screeching halt as I stated the probability of bird droppings landing on trees/leaves. Apparently, I was supposed to feel better when he then told me that he and the neighbor boy have tasted grass! I then monologued about animal droppings and put the grass eating fad to a stop, too. I wonder if we are descendants of Nebuchadnezzar!

Thank you for all the kind comments concerning my finger. It is doing quite well and almost got shut in the bedroom door today! At least it wasn't at the same spot.

I am off the attack the house and maybe receive some inspiration.


  posted at 2:36 PM  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I can easily check your blog, you haven't been there! Glad to see you're back. When I cleaned Kathy's last week, I had similar issues. I stepped in urine. I tried to clean it up quickly, and phoned Kathy to let her know why the carpet was rolled up. She has since discovered it is Odd. He even wets himself in his cage. He may need to be put down. I was totally grossed out.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Poor dog! I thought his name was "Ud."
Oh, yes, poor Les, too! :-) You are another brave soul that cleans up after animals.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Blech! I have enough trouble cleaning up after the three men in this house! The leaves/grass munching made me crack up, since I caught Kent sampling sidewalk chalk on Friday and Connor licking the doorknob today! Glad it's not just me...

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's how it's pronounced. It's Norwegian and spelled "Odd".

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Oh, yeah. . .Now I remember.

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

At least it wasn't worms. My boys also used to have a penchant for eating potting soil.

We'll probably end up having to call poison control someday.

Poor Ud. It sounds like he has something wrong with him.

 
At 1:24 AM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Martha, you are hilarious. Glad that your finger is getting better. I know, I LOVE blogging so much that I forget that time is still racing while I write, read, adjust, and re-read my blog, then before I know it, supper needs made, dishes need washed, etc. But, I'm learning to get my work done and then do my blog. (Hence, it is 12:30 AM!) SMILE!
Take care,
Heather

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    The Tale That Took A Twist
    Activities at the castle. . .
    Catching Your Eye ~ Part 2
    Searching for the perfect. . .
    The Tale of a Broken Arm - Part 2
    Believe it or not. . .
    Frustrated!
    Ugh! What's that smell?!
    The Tale of a Broken Arm. . .
    Shots at the Zoo/Gardens

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site