Saturday, January 20, 2007
Friday Treasures
I am not a "patterned handbag" sort of a person; I prefer solid because I feel it creates more harmony with my clothing. Well, there is one exception - the Vera Bradley collection. (Thanks to Nancy Lambeth, I now know they actually exist.) In the entire series, there are only three or four that I like, and one happens to be the Petal Pink. During our Friday outing, we happened to browse through a craft store, and my jaw dropped when I saw this! It looks quite a bit like the Vera Bradley one that I like, so out popped the Christmas money I had been given. Now I am the proud owner of this bag. The cost??? $8.00. :-) (Did you notice it even has a wallet to match?)
I could not resist this striped vase, so out popped the Christmas money ~ again! It goes perfectly with my dishes! (Old Time Pottery treasure)
I finally found some candlesticks that appealed to me, and all for the low price of $10! (Oh, where did I place that Christmas cash?! :-)
Now that it is Saturday morning (yawn), I am a bit exhausted and sore. Yawn. Stretch. Last night, Troy and I did something special for the boys. Yawn. I slept on the top bunk with Seth. (He is our little cuddle bug and thought it was the greatest thing I could do!) Consequently, (yawn) I did not sleep as well. Pardon me as I rub my eyes. There were several reasons involved, and one of them being the fact I slept with my glasses under my pillow and kept worrying that I would find them reshaped in the morning. (What else is a person to with their glasses when they are on a top bunk?!) Ethan had the honor of sleeping in "Mommy and Daddy's big bed," and I have a feeling that group slept better than I did! Eventually, my aches will go away. . . I will get more sleep, and there is a little six year old boy who will never forget the time his mother slept on the top bunk with him!
Well, the cinnamon bread has a few minutes left to bake, and I have to get the smoothies, bacon, eggs and fruit prepared. . .
Have a blessed weekend!

  posted at 9:51 AM  
  13 comments



13 Comments:
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've certainly put me in the mood to go treasure hunting. Now where is your Christmas cash...hmm.

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you put your Christmas money to good use. Looks like you found pretty good bargains. This year for Christmas my mom made some purses like that. I thought they turned out pretty good.

 
At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you found that vase to match so closely to your dishes! What a find. And I love the candlesticks...they are unique!

 
At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you do all that work on a Saturday mornng for breakfast...remember the breakfast brunch at GBS...it still comes in way too handy... love your dishes...I want to go shopping too!
Char

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not like Vera Bradly purses. They remind me of what my grandma would have carried when I was young. However, I do love your candlesticks.

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to come to Indiana and go shopping with me. I always find the "perfect thing" that's worth more than my car!

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,
Don't know if you remember me or not but I know you guys from UBC. I've been secretly reading all these blogs! Ha! Really enjoy yours! I love to decorate too so i like seeing all you ideas. Keep up with the photos!
Julie Waggoner(Frankfort Bible Holiness Church).

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha,
Guess I could mention that my husband is like a second cousin of Carrie. Sorry Carrie for letting that out!!! Not many people know that!
Julie Waggoner

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's ok. I'll even go a step further and say that I had a crush on him when I was 7. :)

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

CHAR, it was the GBS Saturday brunch that causes me to do the same here. We really miss that luxury. :-)
I remember you, JULIE! I always thought you were so pretty and your kids so cute. Thanks for leaving the "lurking" world and commenting. Feel free to leave any delicious scoops concerning Carrie. I am sure we all will enjoy! :-)
LES, I used to dislike purses like Vera bags, too, but my "taste" has an overhaul every 6-7 years. At Earl's party, Emily and I were chatting about the things that used to make us groan are what we use now! :-) I even have a few shirts that look like Joan's because they have come full circle again!

 
At 4:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK Carrie your comment about Jeff about made me fall off my chair!!! That is soo cute! And Martha that is soooo hilarious but thanks for the compliment. You know the cute "little" kids I once had??? They are all growing too fast. Jordan and Janae are 14(Feb.) Jalen is 9 and Jaida is 6!!!! I'm feeling reallllllly old!!!!!! Julie Waggoner

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, one more thing, if you want to know really good stuff about Carrie ask my sister Jody. They were best buds growing up. I'm sure she could tell you some good tales!!!!
Julie Waggoner

 
At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm here anytime you want a good laugh!
Jody

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    "What Animal Is That?"
    Decor update
    All because of Angie Davis
    My growing boy
    Temporary leave.
    Another cake attempt
    Birthday time!
    Weekend wrap-up
    The Energizer Christmas
    New "Willow Tree" figurine

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site