Monday, January 15, 2007
My growing boy
9 lb 5 oz newborn - 4 years ago
(I wanted my second baby to be another big boy, and my wish came true! :-)
3 months old
Months later. . .still a chubby baby! Love those cheeks
1 year old portrait
(The bear was a gift from his great grandmother. I try to bring my own "special" props for photos. If this bear gets lost, we will always remember it.)

1 1/2 year old goofy boy watching a DVD.

Ethan has always liked construction hats, and he loved wearing these play goggles that were so big for his little face. I love the intense look.


2 1/2 year old portrait (Notice the pitiful allergy eyes.)

Wow! It is hard to believe that my little (Well, he wasn't very little! :-) baby is now four years old! Thought you might enjoy some younger pictures of him.

Ethan has definitely been my "grace tester," but I cannot imagine life without him. He is very sweet and friendly in the morning and is always telling me how much he "wuvs" me. His personality is outgoing and friendly, and he consistently smiles and says, "hello" to people in public. He laughs easily and loves to be tickled. He will pick every dandelion, weed and flower in sight and present it to me accompanied with a smile. If I get hurt, he is always ready with a kiss and, "I am sorry, Mommy." Almost every time he receives something, I am grabbed in a huge hug, and he yells, "Thanks, Mom!!!!" Ethan loves to work and is very willing to do any job I give him. He has no fear, and I am sure he will break a few bones in his life. He is always climbing, jumping, sliding, rolling. . . He loves to have books read to him and thrives on playing "construction" - especially in the dirt. He has an incredible sense of timing, and will tap or "direct" any song right in rhythm. Best of all, he is my little man, and I know he loves me. He probably is the reason I am popping a few gray hairs, but I wouldn't trade him.

I love you, Ethan!


  posted at 9:59 AM  
  4 comments



4 Comments:
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sweet photos. Little boys are an awesome blessing, aren't they?

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ethan!!!! We love and miss you!
I know how hard it is to believe that your baby is 4! I feel the same way.

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my favorite Ethan phrase was "it be to pun". (it be so fun!)and we can never forget "I play Bichael toys". The kids still get a kick out of his funny sayings. Tell him we said Happy Birthday. Oh, and we loved the cake too. Not too shabby for a "Mommy" job! :) Look out, Marianne! haha My question is, how much frosting was devoured by the decorator? Celery anyone? :)

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Birthday, Ethan!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Temporary leave.
    Another cake attempt
    Birthday time!
    Weekend wrap-up
    The Energizer Christmas
    New "Willow Tree" figurine
    Just had to show you!
    Hats off to 2007
    Of weddings and wishes
    Pictures and Plans

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site