Sunday, November 25, 2007
The tales begin. . .
Here I am - after 40+ days of help with meals, laundry, cleaning, homeschooling, grocery shopping and life in general, I am back on my own. Guess I have to be a "big girl" now. :-) So, what is one of the first things I do - - - blog, of course!
We are getting into a routine of sorts. Mine is called "lack of sleep, and see how much housework you can do between each feeding session." Now. . .if I could just get back up to speed! Thankfully my body is doing better, and the infection is leaving. Lack of pain certainly helps one's outlook on life. :-) If the posts are a bit non-sensical, blame it on my nights! And it all began when. . .
Hmmm - Funny looking pacifiers!
I started feeling absolutely miserable on Halloween, and I prayed (Believe me - I prayed.) that everything would stay put until morning for two reasons:
1. I never wanted a Halloween baby.
2. I would rather have something happen during normal business hours.
Well, my body waited until 6:55 A.M. on November 1st, and everything whirled from that point! My heart almost stopped as my body was going into labor because it was not to happen that way. I was very worried because I knew of the complications that could happen. After calling my doctor, she suggested that I go to the hospital in an ambulance which I did. When you are waiting on one, they NEVER seem to come fast enough, and when you are riding in one - the story is the same. They seem to poke along the route - that is until you tell them you think you are about to deliver your baby, and you are supposed to have a C-section! You then become code something, and your poor husband and sister are left in the dust! I felt so sorry for Troy when we zoomed away from him at a stop light!!!! I figured he thought I was in big trouble and felt so helpless at that point. My heart hurt for him!
Chillin' by the tree.
It was during this ride that the funny story took place, and those of you that know it, feel free to pause and laugh! :-) Those of you that do not, sorry - it is not bloggable! On the serious side, I was scared during this time because I was at the "dangerous" point of which I had been warned, and there was nothing I could do - except pray. The ketchup bottle came to mind, and God used it to calm my heart. At that point, I thoughtabout the huge amount of prayer said in behalf of me and the baby, and whatever happened I could accept as God's will - even if it was brain damage to the baby. I had done all I knew to do, and the situation was in God's hands. That is where true peace is attainable!
Before entering the H, the EMS guy did a very sweet gesture and gave me a stuffed animal for the baby, but being that I am not a stuffed animal person, I was feeling rather sheepish getting the bear wheeled in with me! I quickly explained to the nurse about it, and she admitted that she had "wondered" about me. Here I was coming in for an emergency surgery, and I was grabbing stuffed animals on the way out the door! :-) Nope. Not me. I was too busy having funnier things happen!

Not sure about the first bath!

Upon arrival, I was so happy to get a monitor strapped on and find out the baby was fine!!!!! HUGE sigh of relief! Now we were waiting on my doctor who was also stuck in morning traffic. . . The good thing is that everything was happening so quickly, I really did not have time to get nervous, and I was so happy I had never found out what the baby was! With all the trauma (Or as Lauren Lambeth says, "Drama, sheer drama!" :-), I was very excited to see the baby!!!!

Snoozing on Daddy & Mommy's bed.


  posted at 6:08 PM  
  11 comments



11 Comments:
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Sarah Cook said...

Love the post and picts. Love the "funny story" as well. I needed a good laugh the other day, and you provided it! Thanks! Feel free to call anytime, and share like stories... although, I highly doubt you'll ever have that happen again! Your baby is so adorable and precious. I am about to burst! I feel so great with child, I can hardly wait until the baby is here, and I can reclaim my body... sounds selfish, huh? Well, I can hardly help it... my poor back is beening tramatized! I am sure Seth and Ethan are having fun with the new baby... or, maybe they are lacking sleep, too. I am glad you are recovering, and that life is getting a little more normal for you. I am afraid mine won't be really normal for a while... but, we press on. Thank you for all your prayers, and sorry about the book on your comment section!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed the post and the nice pics! Glad you are feeling better, just sorry that you are missing those NEEDED times of sleep. =( I understand...and have that to look forward to also. But, I'm looking forward to holding my precious little baby in few months.

Thank the LORD my nausea is leaving and I'm feeling much better these days. I even went the hour there, and hour back...to church yesterday morning, and had company for dinner, so you know I must be some better! =)

Love, Heather and baby =)

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Loved the new pics of Silas. He is just a doll. I also enjoyed reading your side of the story. The ambulance episode that I heard about is bringing a smile to my face as I write this!! In all seriousness, I can't imagaine being in your shoes and not knowing if the baby was ok. Reading about your faith really encouraged me. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I hope you're able to catch up some sleep soon.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger tacomom said...

He is such a doll!! So glad you are back to blogging (been missing your posts but totally understand). My only complaint is you leaving us to wonder about the funny story :):)

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Angie D said...

Martha, he's SO beautiful! I've been so busy working that I haven't sent out your gift yet. And I haven't HEARD the funny story, although it was promised to me. (sniffle..)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Julie Waggoner said...

OK just spill the beans so we can all have a good laugh!!
Julie W

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger The Dickinsons said...

Martha, thanks for the nice comment on my blog, it was fun hearing from you. Yes, I think that my nausea may be leaving a little earlier with this baby...however I keep having BAD days, so it's not all gone yet. =( I think I've been MORE sick with this baby than my others...so my dear sister-in-law Beth (who is a twin) keeps telling me I'm having twins! =) Dad D. is a twin...but I don't think I'm having twins!

Hope all is going well today. Love that little baby for us all, he's a keeper! And take good care of yourself too! =)

Love, Heather =)

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Lori said...

So nice to hear a little bit about the excitement you experienced, amazing that everything turned out good. Silas is such a cute baby, isn't it fun to have a baby around the holidays? They provide the cutest photo ops!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Julie and Sara,
I promised Angie I would email the story, so you can check with her. :-)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger tacomom said...

Oh goody! I can't wait! And for that privilege...I will be sending off a baby gift, too :) Then again, you play the piano right? And Troy is a music major? Maybe I SHOULDN'T include my lullaby CD...I'll have to think about that one! lol!! Any particular size you have too much of or a size you are lacking?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Sara D,
That is very kind of you, and Angie now has the "story" in her possession. :-)
I would love the lullaby cd! I am always into piano music for my kids. As for sizes, Silas will be sadly lacking in clothing by the time he hits the 9-12 months mark. We may have to change his name to "Adam." Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    the Ketchup Bottle
    2 weeks old today!
    Did I mention I am tired?!
    A week's difference
    A storybook ending to the tale as told by the King...
    Homeward bound...or so it seems
    Me again
    Day 3
    Boy meets girl...
    The Prince Has Arrived!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site