Friday, December 29, 2006
Pictures and Plans
Mission accomplished, and I love it!!!!!! How about you?
The previous artwork my sister left as she was touching up the white by the ceiling.
Here is a pic with the brown/yellow/tan, a little bit of orange in the distance from the boys' room and their tree with a tipsy star. :-)
This was my "big" Christmas gift from Troy. I was so shocked and happy that I almost cried. I wanted one terribly but never dreamed I would get it. This clock is quite large and looks wonderful on this wall! Thanks, Troy, you have no idea how much I craved this!!!!

I am finished with the last of my big painting projects, and I am so relieved! Troy was able to help me on the high part in the living room. I had forgotten how nice it is to have someone paint with you! Now, all I have left is a little bit of "touch up" in a few corners and finish some white trim. I will not finish it before the 31st because I have been sensible for once and spent more time relaxing and spending moments with my family. I am also expecting an overnight guest tonight, will attend a wedding tomorrow and am having two families over here Sunday evening. Consequently, lots to prepare, so I really should go! I plan to post a before/after view of the kitchen (after I do my dishes) so you can see how it all looks. I will also try to get a good picture at the wedding of Curtis Going and Jennifer Hester tomorrow. (For all of you GBS folk.)

Have a great Friday evening!



  posted at 4:29 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the paint! I'm totally with you on having a Pottery Barn house if I could afford it. I have found too many people that don't even know what Pottery Barn is -- that bugs me!:-) Carrie has me addicted to your blog. Keep pictures coming of your house. I get bored with my stuff and need new ideas!
Jody Johnson

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your home is lovely and reminds me of homes I have visited in the Piedmont area. I loved your "100 things about me." It is very interesting to more about you...

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your kitchen and the clock! That is such a great feeling to have your house finished - we're not done yet, but hopefully soon.

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you need to complement the clock is a Big Mouth Billy Bass on that wall.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're closer to Pottery Barn than you think! You've captured the essence, at least. Everything looks great and I LOVE the clock! I love the PB look too and as I redo things around here, I try to work in more of it.

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the Pottery Barn? Is that similar to the Ceramic Shack we have around here? Every good decorator knows you need a few handpainted ceramics to accent your decor. What about little elves sitting under toadstools? High fashion

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Jody, I am so glad you left a comment; it was good to hear from you! I just received my new "Pottery Barn" catalog and am savoring it! :-) I have some new projects I will be posting soon.

 
At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have any of you gone to HOME GOODS, a division of TJ MAXX? It has wonderful things, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    100th Post
    Christmas fun and games
    A Tale of Christmas Gifts. . .
    Countdown. . .
    Christmas in school
    "Magic" Tree
    BMV Flashback
    "Colored" carpet
    Busiest time of the year!
    Newest member of the castle. . .

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site