Happy New Year!
I hope 2007 has had a pleasant start in your home. I enjoyed a wonderful Christmas season! To date, it was one of the most relaxing for me.
Over the weekend, we had the pleasure of entertaining Andrew Stroud and Sherilyn and Elisa Stetler. We had a great time and filled this house with laughter. On Sunday, we enjoyed the company of David and Teresa Armstrong and Sherri, Wesley and Justin Melton. (More good laughs!) I had two problems ~ 1. Ate too much food. 2. Stayed awake too long. (Yawn.) I also did not give 2007 a healthy start. The morning of the 1st, I ate about 25 of those little choc/pb/pretzels balls. (I should be ashamed of myself!)
I love the "clean sheet" of a new year! It is so fun to make positive changes, and here are a few of my resolutions:
1. Reread some of my Liz George books.
2. Read the entire Bible again.
3. Start Seth on a devotional program so it will become a "habit."
4. Be more consistent with my exercising and go on more walks with the boys.
5. Every three weeks, I plan to mail an encouraging note/letter to someone.
6. Begin piano instruction with Ethan. (Gulp!)
7. Possibly start learning a foreign language with Seth.
8. Start teaching money management to Seth. He will learn to tithe, start a savings account, and give to missions and needy people.
9. Answer every personal email within a week. (Ouch!) I love getting them, but I am terrible at responding. (I can visualize some of you nodding your heads! :-)
10. Get my kids' scrapbooks up-to-date. (I think the total is seven!)
I wish you perseverance and success with all of your resolutions!