Wednesday, December 27, 2006
100th Post
Here it is - my 100th post! This blog has been fun for me, and I hope you have enjoyed it as well! I decided to copy an idea I gathered from another blog and list 100 things about myself that you might not know. Let's see if I can summon the interesting ones from my memory.
The "Real" Martha:
(These will not be chronologically stated.)
1. Was born in Cincinnati.
2. Have lived in ten different houses or apartments.
3. In 1996, I was in Paris.
4. Have ridden an elephant.
5. Dislike coffee. (Sorry, Angie!)
6. Dislike Mexican and Chinese food, seafood. . .
7. Desire to take my children on many mission trips.
8. Do not mind a good argument or discussion.
9. Love to ride horses.
10. Visited Canada twice.
11. Love to read.
12. Started playing the piano at the age of seven.
13. Played the violin for several years. (Thought I was too busy and quit.)
14. Do not know the meaning of the word "bored."
15. Love to cross-stitch.
16. Terrified at the thought of going to the moon. (Wouldn't do it for a large sum of money!)
17. Am not scared of snakes.
18. Terrified of bugs that "crunch" when you step on them!
19. Mildly frostbit my hands and feet as a teen. (Was "too cool" to wear sensible clothing!)
20. Get motion sickness easily.
21. Was born with a fractured collar bone.
22. Broke my right collar bone at the age of two. (My earliest memory.)
23. Have had four surgical procedures in the last six years.
24. Never had a sibling fight with David (youngest brother).
25. Am the second born of five children.
26. Dislike doing bulletin boards and running children's Christmas programs. (Love watching them though! :-)
27. Love to clean.
28. Thrive on organization.
29. Start most days with a list.
30. Least favorite duty is dishes!
31. Only brand loyal to Melaleuca.
32. Love Pampered Chef, Tupperware, cast iron skillets. . .
33. Walked on the Missouri River when it was frozen. (Would never do that now!!!).
34. Love giving money to missions and needy people.
35. Have no time for romance novels.
36. Would have a Pottery Barn house if I could afford it.
37. Did a lot of fishing as a girl and young teen.
38. Love to ride bikes.
39. Clean my car every week - as weather permits.
40. LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE snow!
41. Scared to ski.
42. Love to sled.
43. Make an idiot of myself ice~skating!
44. Love garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets. . .
45. Did not like chocolate until Ethan was born.
46. Start Christmas shopping in January.
47. Attended eight different schools K-12.
48. During my senior year, I received an award for "Outstanding Academic Achievement."
49. Had a 4.0 GPA in college.
50. Suffered a head injury in my middle teens. (Basketball backboard & goal fell and whacked me on the head.)
51. Loved living in South Dakota.
52. Can name any NBA team if you say a state or city.
52. Learned the game of basketball so that I can have an intelligent conversation about the sport. (Did that just for you, Honey:-)
53. Love to watch baseball and basketball.
54. Have no clue about soccer or football.
55. Got lost on the Missouri River with my dad and older brother. (Boats had even been sent looking for us.)
56. Can hardly stand to touch raw chicken.
57. Raw beef does not bother me.
58. Love to do crafts and projects.
59. Dislike painting walls. (As if you didn't know! :-)
60. Lorie Line and Martha Miller are my favorite female pianists.
61. Disliked the name "Martha" until several years ago. (Thought it was an "old lady's name.")
62. Try to smile at everyone who has eye contact with me.
63. Started playing the piano in church around the age of nine or ten.
64. Once I was so nervous at the piano, my right leg kept coming up and bumping the piano! :-) Unfortunately it was not to the time of the music!
65. Received a gold cup from the National Federation of Music.
66. Ridden in several helicopters, many trains, countless planes. . .
67. Too scared to ride in a hot air balloon.
68. Love homeschooling.
69. Have been to at least 26 states.
70. Once attended a funeral (Nathaniel Joslin's) and a wedding (Leland & Rowana Lindahl's) in the same day. (Roller coaster of emotions.)
71. Had the nickname "Catfish" as a girl. (I fell in a river, and my grandpa said I came out smelling like one.)
72. At the age of seven or eight and just having moved to SD, I got separated from my parents while playing at a park. I assumed they forgot about me and went out to eat, so I walked a mile back home and hid in the bushes every time I saw a police car. Hours later after my weeping mother discovered me, I was informed the police were searching all over town and were getting ready to drag the Missouri River.
73. Was planning on doing legal work with an organization like CLA or Homeschool Legal Defense, but then. . . There was a serious relationship with a guy named Troy. (I decided to make my future children my career.)
74. Am easily amused and often have to stifle laughter.
75. Favorite color is pink.
76. Loved to attend school.
77. Had a knack for getting my classmates to laugh while keeping a straight face myself. (I upset a teacher or two.)
78. Think Stewart Walton has some of the most unique decor ideas.
79. "Martha Stewart" and Janelle Manley are probably the only two people who truly know my decorating tastes. (Troy does, too.)
80. Love baskets and trunks.
81. Abhor clutter.
82. Love to get up early.
83. My feet are sssssssoooooo ticklish; don't even come near them!
84. Love to have people comb out my hair.
85. The first vehicle I drove was a suburban.
86. Have been hit twice by drivers not stopping at signs.
87. Plan on owning a white baby grand in the next decade.
88. Went on a short term mission trip that changed my life.
89. Love to bring happiness and cheer to people.
90. Love Vera Bradley bags since Nancy introduced me to them. (Nancy, should I ask for the Java Blue for my birthday next month? :-)
91. Tend to be optimistic and see the cup "half-full."
92. Never played Monopoly and never care to do so.
93. Love word games. (Boggle, Scrabble, Balderdash)
94. Dearly loved Ronald Reagan and cried bucketloads when he died. (Saw him in person at Fountain Square.)
95. Always wanted to see Princess Diana in person.
96. Love to take walks and hikes.
97. My first job was at a Right to Life office.
98. Love to blog!
99. Love flowers.
100. Never get weary of hearing my boys say, "I love you, Mommy!"
101. I am not a good proofreader of my own work! :-)

  posted at 7:19 PM  
  16 comments



16 Comments:
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting! I love reading your posts. They keep me going (to the computer) and help brighten my days!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Janette, that was very sweet of you. Now you will truly know how crazy your sister-in-law happens to be! :-)
I keep meaning to email you. . .I loved reading your Christmas letter! It was fun to get "caught up" with you guys.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those were all very interesting. I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work!!!!

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of those things I could have guessed, but others were a surprise. Martha, you're hilarious! When are you moving to central Indiana?

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea! My next post will be--677 things you absolutely are dying to know about Carrie! A person could be reading the same post for days!! :)

No, really, I enjoyed reading all those neat little things about you. We'll have to go fishing together sometime! ;) Angie can tear our worms in half for us, since she's more experienced with worms than I am!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last worm in my care dried out and broke in half. I'll just get you two some nice lures.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Carrie, I would read all 677 things. (Self-righteous sniff inserted!) I have always loved reading facts/info about people. Makes them "come alive."
Um, Angie. . .we have a problem. There are several states in which I never wanted to live, and one of them happens to be IN. :-( I never wanted to move there and seriously could not wait to leave. On the good side, I would be more than thrilled to visit you! :-) (And Carrie, of course!)

 
At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were discussing "catfish" at Christmas! I never knew about your run from the law in SD. I thought I was the only one who had run-ins with "the law" of SD. (As you know it was not my fault, but your brother's). Also didn't know about the Missouri River. What is the issue with that river?
I do remember the basketball pole. That was scary.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Les had to retype that message more times than should be necessary, but ah well.
We had a good chuckle over a number of the posts on the list, especially the white baby grand, but for reasons to go into at a later time.
Les didn't remember that you and David didn't fight, but I reminded her that he was the passivist of all of you!!!!
Love you and Happy New Year,
mc

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was so neat to read! I love #72 the best. I do think you should try playing Monopoly sometime - I love it. :-)

 
At 2:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

regarding ur comments on sports : if basketball is checkers then football is chess. it takes someone on a higher mental plane than others to truely appreciate how football stands alone at the top of the sports totem pole! football forever ; basketball never (except march madness)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Martha C said...

Dear "grinch," Just wondering what kind of a "mental plane" you have to be on to be able to spell "truly" correctly! :-)
If you read closely, I didn't say I did not like football, I have never taken the time to understand it. I am guessing that since I was a capable chess player, I have the cells to understand it?! :-)

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the list, Martha. I agree w/ Brenda; Monopoly is great! Oh, and I couldn't help but hold my breath while scanning the list to see if one of my favorite memories of you had been added... It had. "Raw chicken" I still *lol* when I remember how mama tried to show you how easy it was to clean and cook it. Nope! Remember being over at Grandpa Greens, freaking out over the stuff? *grin* Good ol' Martha. Happy Holidays!

 
At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that if you ever decide to play Monopoly, do not play with Scott. He ruins the game for me and I beg for it to end! I love him dearly, but not at that game. He's too competitive. Regarding football, I think you would find it interesting if you did ever decide to learn it. It is my favorite, as I hate baseball!

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have it from a very reliable source that you were not a capable chess player.a basic understanding of the rules must NEVER be mistaken for competence.now my head hurts from trying to make sense of your whimsical comments, so i am going to take a nap.

 
At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh yes i forgot ; the "les" is a wise one for taking the time to understand the greatest game on earth.(and baseball isnt bad if you take along a good book)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    Christmas fun and games
    A Tale of Christmas Gifts. . .
    Countdown. . .
    Christmas in school
    "Magic" Tree
    BMV Flashback
    "Colored" carpet
    Busiest time of the year!
    Newest member of the castle. . .
    The mystery is over!!!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site