Here it is - my 100th post! This blog has been fun for me, and I hope you have enjoyed it as well! I decided to copy an idea I gathered from another blog and list 100 things about myself that you might not know. Let's see if I can summon the interesting ones from my memory.
The "Real" Martha:
(These will not be chronologically stated.)
1. Was born in Cincinnati.
2. Have lived in ten different houses or apartments.
3. In 1996, I was in Paris.
4. Have ridden an elephant.
5. Dislike coffee. (Sorry, Angie!)
6. Dislike Mexican and Chinese food, seafood. . .
7. Desire to take my children on many mission trips.
8. Do not mind a good argument or discussion.
9. Love to ride horses.
10. Visited Canada twice.
11. Love to read.
12. Started playing the piano at the age of seven.
13. Played the violin for several years. (Thought I was too busy and quit.)
14. Do not know the meaning of the word "bored."
15. Love to cross-stitch.
16. Terrified at the thought of going to the moon. (Wouldn't do it for a large sum of money!)
17. Am not scared of snakes.
18. Terrified of bugs that "crunch" when you step on them!
19. Mildly frostbit my hands and feet as a teen. (Was "too cool" to wear sensible clothing!)
20. Get motion sickness easily.
21. Was born with a fractured collar bone.
22. Broke my right collar bone at the age of two. (My earliest memory.)
23. Have had four surgical procedures in the last six years.
24. Never had a sibling fight with David (youngest brother).
25. Am the second born of five children.
26. Dislike doing bulletin boards and running children's Christmas programs. (Love watching them though! :-)
27. Love to clean.
28. Thrive on organization.
29. Start most days with a list.
30. Least favorite duty is dishes!
31. Only brand loyal to Melaleuca.
32. Love Pampered Chef, Tupperware, cast iron skillets. . .
33. Walked on the Missouri River when it was frozen. (Would never do that now!!!).
34. Love giving money to missions and needy people.
35. Have no time for romance novels.
36. Would have a Pottery Barn house if I could afford it.
37. Did a lot of fishing as a girl and young teen.
38. Love to ride bikes.
39. Clean my car every week - as weather permits.
40. LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE snow!
41. Scared to ski.
42. Love to sled.
43. Make an idiot of myself ice~skating!
44. Love garage sales, thrift stores, flea markets. . .
45. Did not like chocolate until Ethan was born.
46. Start Christmas shopping in January.
47. Attended eight different schools K-12.
48. During my senior year, I received an award for "Outstanding Academic Achievement."
49. Had a 4.0 GPA in college.
50. Suffered a head injury in my middle teens. (Basketball backboard & goal fell and whacked me on the head.)
51. Loved living in South Dakota.
52. Can name any NBA team if you say a state or city.
52. Learned the game of basketball so that I can have an intelligent conversation about the sport. (Did that just for you, Honey:-)
53. Love to watch baseball and basketball.
54. Have no clue about soccer or football.
55. Got lost on the Missouri River with my dad and older brother. (Boats had even been sent looking for us.)
56. Can hardly stand to touch raw chicken.
57. Raw beef does not bother me.
58. Love to do crafts and projects.
59. Dislike painting walls. (As if you didn't know! :-)
60. Lorie Line and Martha Miller are my favorite female pianists.
61. Disliked the name "Martha" until several years ago. (Thought it was an "old lady's name.")
62. Try to smile at everyone who has eye contact with me.
63. Started playing the piano in church around the age of nine or ten.
64. Once I was so nervous at the piano, my right leg kept coming up and bumping the piano! :-) Unfortunately it was not to the time of the music!
65. Received a gold cup from the National Federation of Music.
66. Ridden in several helicopters, many trains, countless planes. . .
67. Too scared to ride in a hot air balloon.
68. Love homeschooling.
69. Have been to at least 26 states.
70. Once attended a funeral (Nathaniel Joslin's) and a wedding (Leland & Rowana Lindahl's) in the same day. (Roller coaster of emotions.)
71. Had the nickname "Catfish" as a girl. (I fell in a river, and my grandpa said I came out smelling like one.)
72. At the age of seven or eight and just having moved to SD, I got separated from my parents while playing at a park. I assumed they forgot about me and went out to eat, so I walked a mile back home and hid in the bushes every time I saw a police car. Hours later after my weeping mother discovered me, I was informed the police were searching all over town and were getting ready to drag the Missouri River.
73. Was planning on doing legal work with an organization like CLA or Homeschool Legal Defense, but then. . . There was a serious relationship with a guy named Troy. (I decided to make my future children my career.)
74. Am easily amused and often have to stifle laughter.
75. Favorite color is pink.
76. Loved to attend school.
77. Had a knack for getting my classmates to laugh while keeping a straight face myself. (I upset a teacher or two.)
78. Think Stewart Walton has some of the most unique decor ideas.
79. "Martha Stewart" and Janelle Manley are probably the only two people who truly know my decorating tastes. (Troy does, too.)
80. Love baskets and trunks.
81. Abhor clutter.
82. Love to get up early.
83. My feet are sssssssoooooo ticklish; don't even come near them!
84. Love to have people comb out my hair.
85. The first vehicle I drove was a suburban.
86. Have been hit twice by drivers not stopping at signs.
87. Plan on owning a white baby grand in the next decade.
88. Went on a short term mission trip that changed my life.
89. Love to bring happiness and cheer to people.
90. Love Vera Bradley bags since Nancy introduced me to them. (Nancy, should I ask for the Java Blue for my birthday next month? :-)
91. Tend to be optimistic and see the cup "half-full."
92. Never played Monopoly and never care to do so.
93. Love word games. (Boggle, Scrabble, Balderdash)
94. Dearly loved Ronald Reagan and cried bucketloads when he died. (Saw him in person at Fountain Square.)
95. Always wanted to see Princess Diana in person.
96. Love to take walks and hikes.
97. My first job was at a Right to Life office.
98. Love to blog!
99. Love flowers.
100. Never get weary of hearing my boys say, "I love you, Mommy!"
101. I am not a good proofreader of my own work! :-)