Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Searching for the perfect. . .
dentist!
Remember the tooth ? Well, 5+ months later, I am planning to get it fixed. In case you are wondering, I dread mouth pain and dental bills, hence the long wait!
I have spent a good deal of this afternoon (and previous others) combing the phone book. I have attempted to get personal references but to no avail. So, out plops the Yellow Pages. I was actually quite amused by some of the ads, and what they offered:
1. One office is where you may have very little or no memory of your visit. (Sounds good, but what if they dig through my purse while I have "no memory?!")
2. One place offers anxiety free dentistry. (Are they referring to the dentists or patients? :-)
3. If you are looking for a dentist who knows his stuff, is compassionate, truly understanding, and approachable, this is the guy. So unusual in his approach, you will be amazed at your own easy feeling with him. (Sounds a bit like something from a romance novel.)
4. Smile Makeovers. (Reminds me of a show.)
5. Nervous or anxious about your dental visits? I had to laugh at this ad which claimed a particular office as perfect for dental phobics. . . It made me think of a fellow blogger . (Sorry, Gene. I couldn't resist! :-)
--I finally settled with the Greenville Smile Center. (If anyone from my church knows horror stories of this place, please tell me! I do not need more blogging material!) They have a nice ad, more than one dentist on site, and claim to be affordable. (Choking! As affordable as dental procedures can be.) The dreaded day is April 5 at nine in the morning. Yes, my mouth and stomach are hurting at this moment!
After finishing the phone conversation with the receptionist, I went to the kitchen to find. . .
a hungry boy who helped himself to yogurt and animal crackers. He "wikes dem." By looking at the pile, that is obvious. I only hope he got enough!

  posted at 4:00 PM  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Greg & Stephanie said...

I'm with you on the dentist thing. Not only the terrible pain they inflict, but the money!!! I took Evan to a pediatric dentist yesterday because he has 2 fairly deep cavities, and found out that they both have to have stainless steel crowns because they are so deep (bad mommy for putting this off). You can read about
our 'miracle' on my latest blog. I wish you the same success!

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Don't try the one I did...:-)

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

You live in the Greenville area? So do my brother, sis-in-law and sister! I could ask them if they have any recommendations if you would like!

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Martha C said...

Yes, Mickey. Please ask them if they have heard bad things concerning the "Greenville Smile Center." I think it is on Pelham Rd.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Gene Davis said...

I say find one that knocks you out!!

Gene

 
At 3:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Martha, I understand the dentist fear! Fri. March 23 I have the last of my top teeth pulled, 6, and dentures put in immediately. Needless to say, I have a very buised mouth inside, and my face is swollen, that is why I wasn't at church today. I am trying to get used to the dentures and having a nice smile again, but I am still so sore, that makes it hard.
I didn't know Ethan took his cast off until I read it on here. He sure stays busy, doesn't he??

Gwen, also in SC the far far away land!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best dentist and NO pain - We were in the same church until he moved to a smaller church. No question about it in my mind: Dr. True in Mauldin. You'll realllly be glad! He is also very experienced. Mrs. P.L.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are happy:-! I was brushing my teeth while reading your site ( saving time) when I started reading about Ethan and his yogurt and cookies. I started laughing at the first comment but when I read "I hope he got enough cookies" that did it. I exploded toothpaste spray all over my desk, pens, papers, computer screen and everything. I am cleaning things up right now.
Love your writings!
Love, Sherry/Bud Dickinson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



queen of the castle

Name:
Martha C


To all my family and friends, this blog was commenced as a way to keep you informed during my frequent communication lapses. Enjoy reading of our life in this far, far away land called "the South."

My Complete Profile


folks of the castle
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from tmcastle98. Make your own badge here.

websearch from a castle

featured favorite
  • Nebraska Lady & Crew

  • latest tales
    The Tale of a Broken Arm - Part 2
    Believe it or not. . .
    Frustrated!
    Ugh! What's that smell?!
    The Tale of a Broken Arm. . .
    Shots at the Zoo/Gardens
    Scenes from a museum
    Gulp, gulp, gulp.
    You know you've been a . . .
    Wiped Out!!!!

    earlier tales
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    May 2007
    June 2007
    July 2007
    August 2007
    September 2007
    October 2007
    November 2007
    December 2007
    January 2008
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    June 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    February 2010
    March 2010
    May 2010
    June 2010
    July 2010
    August 2010
    September 2010
    November 2010
    January 2011

    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Profile Photo by:
    Herring Photography

    Castle Photo by:
    *eclaire

    Meter by:




    ________________
    Add this to your site